Cannot sync ipod to itunes (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
I plug in my ipod nano via usb but itunes does not recognise or detect it. any suggestions?

i just got a new comp so im not sure what to do

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Danger said:
I plug in my ipod nano via usb but itunes does not recognise or detect it. any suggestions?

i just got a new comp so im not sure what to do
What drive letter did it have on your old computer?

When you format/change computers it needs to have the same lettering. Once you find out what it has use diskpart to set it back.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Start>Run>cmd(enter)>Diskpart(enter)>List Vol(enter)>Sel vol x[number next to your ipod](enter)>Assign Letter x[the letter it had on your old computer]>exit(enter).

Danger

HSC
i got up to Set vol but i cannot find the number next to my ipod.. i think my ipod isnt even on there...

Danger

HSC
PrinceHarry: I don't think it did because ntohing showed up but the ipod is charging when plugged in

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
This fix is only if it appears in my computer, which it should (as a removable storage disk), but does not appear in itunes.

Happened to me a couple of times, works fine.

Danger

HSC
the problem is its not even appearing in my computer. does using vista have anything to do with it?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I say use apple's instructions (use a different usb port, resetipod/start in disk mode) and if that doesn't work give em a call.

I have no clue when it comes to vista tbh.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
To reset it you hold down the menu and select button til the screen goes blank and the apple logo appears.

To start it in disk mode you reset it, then once the screen goes blank, hold play and select til the screen changes again.

Danger

HSC
Resetting it works! Thank you so much! Now my computer recognises it. iTunes needs to erase all the contents of my ipod first in order to sync it. now is there another way to sync it without removing all my songs?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Danger said:
Resetting it works! Thank you so much! Now my computer recognises it. iTunes needs to erase all the contents of my ipod first in order to sync it. now is there another way to sync it without removing all my songs?
Search for hidden music files on your ipod then copy em all to your hard drive, re add em to your library. Don't worry about the retarded names, they still carry the ID3 tags.

Either that or manually update it, you won't be able to automatic update it without it deleting all the old music.

Danger

HSC
sorry, but how do you search for the hidden music files?

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
Go to Windows Explorer,
Go to the 'Tools' tab,
Select 'Folder Options',
Go to the 'View' tab,
Locate option(s) regarding 'Hidden Files and Folders'
Select 'Show hidden files and folders', then click Ok

Browse to your iPod under Windows Explorer
You will see a folder called 'IPOD_CONTROL'. Browse into this, and there'll be a folder called 'Music'.
Copy this folder to your hard disk
Right Click this folder once the transfer is complete, click properties, uncheck hidden, click Ok.
Go to iTunes, go to its 'Options' or 'Preferences' (I'm not too clear, it's called Preferences in OS X).
Select the 'Advance' tab, and ensure 'Copy files to iTunes music folder.....' is checked, then click Ok.
Then click, File, Add to Library, and select the 'Music' folder you copied over.

Whilst you wait, go back to 'Folder Options' and re-hide all your hidden files. Enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)