Candy (1 Viewer)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I saw this film yesterday, and I thought it was so beautiful, poignant and so incredibly sad.

Abbie Cornish was excellent and it was so good to hear Heath Ledger in his native accent for once.

2005 was a vintage year for Australian film, but if Candy is anything to go by, 2006 is looking good too.

Has anyone else seen Candy and what did you think of it?

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i watched it tonight (yes, a bit late), and my god it was amazing. was a bit confusing at times and it lagged a bit towards the end, but the acting was brilliant and i was close to tears during certain parts of it (won't say anything due to spoilers). i knew noni hazelhurst was in it but i didn't recognise her til she started ranting about the frozen chicken!!

HSC
N/A
hmmm...The producers or whatever of this movie approached us about a year ago and asked to film at our house for a week or so. But then they changed their mind. Our house was shortlisted though. I wanna go see it.

SharkBait

HSC
yeah was good.....a beautifully made film. altho i'd agree wit the predicability of some parts. moving...and some parts just really mesmerizing, esp wit candy's character. i really liked the harsh reality it presented sometimes. like that carwash scene when they were on a high and then next scene, they look like they're half dead. good performance by heath, natural def.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
it was absolutely beautiful
i loved it. hit me hard but god it was so soo beautiful
loved the part where candy wrote all that stuff on the walls and the shots with the honey.
sigh

edit: especially impressed with the tim buckley at the end

Last edited:

jazzmuzik

HSC
I loved it. I felt it very realistically captured the desperation and downward spiral of drug addictions. i loved the "Rotor" opening in Luna Park, sweet metaphor :)p) Yeah overall i'm a fan.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I really liked this book/movie. It has even changed my opinion of heath ledger because I used to hate him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)