Canberra law - driving without a valid licence? (1 Viewer)

TomMcD

HSC
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know what kind of penalty you are likely to face if caught driving with an expired licence in the ACT?

I completely forgot to renew my licence last month and I think I might have been snapped by a speed camera today, which I presume will prove I was driving without a valid licence. What will happen? What sort of a fine am I looking at?

Appreciate any help!

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
lol, call the rta and ask

Infringements

or just get it renewed, if you get fined for having an expired license, write a letter and expain you just realised and got it renewed before the fine arrived. Might not work, but counts for something.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
renew it and maybe there nto linked? and wont know

2009spamtec

HSC
WTF you idiot, Why would you call the RTA ( IN NSW!!) , you are in the ACT call the department of territory and municipal services

freaksoutalot

HSC
just on this what applies if i keep my NSW license? do i still have to go through the P's system and have those restrictions? or are the systems the same?

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
if you're on nsw p's you can pay a license fee, and transfer your license to an act license. I'm not sure if you have to do a practical test, however in the long term it's much better, you get a year less on your p plates, a bac limit > 0and 10km more on your speed limit. (don't hold me to this though!)

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
Its much better to change over to an ACT licence. It costs a little, but then you don't have to do any more tests, when your P's run out they just send you a renewal notice to come and get your full licence (as opposed to ANOTHER test, that's after you've had to do a test to get green P's), and there's none of the stupid resitrictions on P plate drivers (ACT doesn't have a cap speed for P's, 0.02 blood alcohol, no pasenger restrictions).

Once you've had ACT P's for 6 months you can do the P-off course (more demerit points and don't have to display your P plates), which is really simple and worth doing. You still have your P's for a total of 3 years though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)