can you lose a mark if a question asks two identify two things, and you identify three of which only two were correct, can you still get two marks? (1 Viewer)

user9314

HSC
N/A
can you lose a mark if a question asks two identify two things, and you identify three of which only two were correct, can you still get two marks?

cossine

HSC
can you lose a mark if a question asks two identify two things, and you identify three of which only two were correct, can you still get two marks?
Don't do this. If I was the marker I would deduct marks.

moonsuyoung

HSC
Don't do this. If I was the marker I would deduct marks.
Yeh, I asked a similar question to my teacher and they said they would deduct a mark as if you 100% knew that question, there wouldn't be a third incorrect answer.

yanujw

HSC
My school had a policy where in a case like this they would only look at and give marks for the first two listed, ignoring whatever was the third one written down. So follow the question instructions.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
depends on how lenient the marker is.

prolly theyll deduct it for serious exams like if u do it in the hsc or trials u def gone, but if u do it in a internal exam the teacher might be like im forgiving u here but dont do it again.

personally i avoided this bc i didnt want to find out the answer lmao

fuzi

HSC
Simple fact about HSC markers:
You can only gain marks, you can never lose them.

If you write a lot of crap for an essay and get everything right and have unnecessary extra stuff in there, then you didn't get the marks for being clear and concise.

But, you don't lose marks.

user9314

HSC
N/A
Simple fact about HSC markers:
You can only gain marks, you can never lose them.

If you write a lot of crap for an essay and get everything right and have unnecessary extra stuff in there, then you didn't get the marks for being clear and concise.

But, you don't lose marks.
is this a rule or guideline that is available?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)