Can you get a Pass with Distinction in a Combined Program? (1 Viewer)

bikinigal

HSC
N/A
I posted this in the Engineering Forum but, as it is a question regarding the BSc degree component of a combined BE BSc, I'll post it here too - hopefully someone will know the answer because no-one at UNSW seems to - they keep flicking you between faculties. I'm posting this on my son's behalf who is doing the combined program.

In a straight BSc, if you just complete the pass degree (ie don't do the extra honours year) you can be eligible to receive it as a "Pass with Distinction" if your WAM in the courses contributing to the degree is 75 or higher. Does anyone know whether this applies to the BSc Pass degree within the combined program?

Thanks for any help.

proringz

HSC
A quick google leads to the following site:

UNSW Handbook Program - Science - 3970

'Conditions for the Award of the Degree':

"13.
The Faculty of Science may award a Pass degree with Distinction to students who obtain a minimum of 75 WAM across the program and complete at least 72 UoC at UNSW."

bikinigal

HSC
N/A
I KNOW THAT - I said in my OP :
"In a straight BSc, if you just complete the pass degree (ie don't do the extra honours year) you can be eligible to receive it as a "Pass with Distinction" if your WAM in the courses contributing to the degree is 75 or higher. "

I want to know if it applies to the BSc part of a COMBINED PROGRAM - the handbook doesn't address this under the combined program description (in this instance 3655 PV and Solar Energy/Science )

Does anyone know the answer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)