Can we still do two related texts if they ask for ONE? (1 Viewer)

my1stpost

HSC
Like I know, if the question asks "...and at least one other text of your own choosing..." we can write either on one or two related texts...BUT..

If the question asks something like "Refer to ONE other text...." (without the "at least"), does that mean we are only allowed to talk about ONE or can we still do two related texts?

Replies appreciated! Thanks.

my1stpost

HSC
Because some of the essays I prepared for modules, I did TWO related texts, so if the questions does ask "Refer to ONE text" that means I won't have enough to write about, as I prepared for TWO!

xibeleli

HSC
Yes you can refer two texts, anyways it would probably ask for "at least one related text" if not "at least two other related texts"

Roga

HSC
janaranaran! said:
I don't ever remember seeing a question where it didn't say at least? have there been examples in the past?
I think most of the time they say "At least". I've never seen one that has asked specifically just for one or two.

coolcapsicum

HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
Today's paper asked for TWO related texts.
yeah i know.. taht was kinda annoying.. because i had prepared and i didn't know which two to choose!..

i think this may be the trend..

because the markers don't want to have to mark endless pages of an essay

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
lol looking at yesterdays paper i am guessing the modules might be really broad open uestions with at least two relateds lol

uniqchic

HSC
My english teacher told us that in modules (Part A&C) you should do atleast 2 related texts. You're better off writing two texts, won't hurt noone. plus if you do better in the other text they won't penalize you they will pick the one you did better in and give you extra marks. ;)

Shoubadoo

HSC
my1stpost said:
Because some of the essays I prepared for modules, I did TWO related texts, so if the questions does ask "Refer to ONE text" that means I won't have enough to write about, as I prepared for TWO!
I'll bet it's two related texts anyway.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
uniqchic said:
My english teacher told us that in modules (Part A&C) you should do atleast 2 related texts. You're better off writing two texts, won't hurt noone. plus if you do better in the other text they won't penalize you they will pick the one you did better in and give you extra marks. ;)
A & C?

we only need related texts for C right? lol

deicide

HSC
syriangabsta said:
A & C?

we only need related texts for C right? lol
no, they only module you DONT need related texts for is Close Study of Text.
every other module you need related texts

bendertherobot

HSC
All i know is that when the question asks for "at least one related material" or "one related material' then the examiners are looking for depth in your response, that is depth in your knowledge regarding your prescribed and your related material. So if you wrote two related material anyway, you wouldn't lose marks as long as you answered in depth with your two extra materials. However, if they asked for only one i suggest you comply, otherwise it shows you were unprepared or unable to follow instructions.

my1stpost

HSC
hahaha this years section 1 REALLY DID ask for only ONE related text LOL

vustoxn

HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
ONE means one.
You may not be penalised, but why bother?
you dont get penalised for doing two texts, you just disadvantage yourself.

If the questions says do 1 text, stay with that so that you can further yourself and get better marks off the one text that you write about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)