Can u plzzzz predict my uai (1 Viewer)

Persian_Habibz

Hi, i would appreciate if someone would predict ma uai. ive been told so many different stories about uai and im so confused.

These are ma rankings and marks. i go to St. Mary's Senior HS which is considered a really good school, we usually get about 70-80 ppl each above 90's. however our year contains about 400 students aswell.

Extension English: 85% 10/36
Legal Studies: 81% 15/76
Physics: 70% 20/65
Chemistry: 63% 27/65
English Advanced 76% 60/160
Maths (2 unit) 70%, 45/140

However in the HSC i know that definately i did really well for legal studies and english advanced. the physics killed me and i think i did alright in chemistry aswell. i would really appreciate ur help in giving me an estimate.

Huy

HSC
N/A
78-low 80s

Persian_Habibz

Thanks, also ive been shocked by the amount of ppl in ma school which were failing subjects with the border line of 50 in their assessment marks and were achieving 86 for their uai. alot were actually doing subjects like ESL with no high scaling subs. personally a friend of mine was failing both 2 and 3 unit maths yet attained a UAI of 85. im so confused but ive been told to just wait and see what will happen.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Persian_Habibz
im so confused but ive been told to just wait and see what will happen.
Huy says: "just wait and see what will happen" ;)

Huy

HSC
N/A
what do u think is the most i can get in UAI terms?
81-82 but I cannot say for a fact that there is a "maximum" UAI (when making predictions).

I can say for certain, that your maximum UAI will be 100.00 ;)
Originally posted by Huy
78-low 80s
Originally posted by Huy
Huy says: "just wait and see what will happen" ;)
Chemistry had to be halved, as it was your weakest subject. Extension English was thrown in, to create your Top 10 units.

Persian_Habibz

thats pretty disappointing :( i wanted something like mid 80s. i guess well just have to wait and see, im gonna have to transfer in uni and make up for it with ma marks. lets just wait and see what happens :(

Huy

HSC
N/A
im gonna have to transfer in uni and make up for it with ma marks
This is easier said than done, transferring.
i wanted something like mid 80s.
Maths (2 unit) 70%
Physics: 70%
Chemistry: 63%

These subjects let you down, if you had intended on getting 85+

I cannot say for certain that your ceiling UAI will be 82, but you'll just have to wait and see. :)

Winston

HSC
Oh dear so much for my 82 hope as well LOL! :p...

Persian_Habibz

what about scaling, isnt physics supposed to be scaled up?
personally, i think i chose the wrong subs, i put alot of pressure on maself doing ext english, physics, chem and all those hard subs. i think i should have picked easier subs and done better. :(

Huy

HSC
N/A
what about scaling, isnt physics supposed to be scaled up?
Yes, it has a higher quality of students. But going from a mark of 70 to say "85" is impossible, in my opinion, given the large jump in marks.
personally, i think i chose the wrong subs, i put alot of pressure on maself doing ext english, physics, chem and all those hard subs.
Physics, Chemistry
English (Advanced), Extension 1 English
Mathematics

They are difficult subjects, I will give you that much. But you're not the only person who has selected that very same combination of subjects. The pressure? Understandably, there is a lot of pressure if you're undertaking those subjects. I do all of your subjects, except Legal Studies (and equally, you do all of mine except a few).

I don't think that you would have performed better in other subjects, as it is your performance in a subject which matters - not the subject chosen (unless of course, you have strengths in other subjects and a natural ability to perform well in HSIE subjects). I was in the same situation and would have, in my opinion, performed better at the more 'wordy' subjects like Legal Studies, Modern History and the HSIE subjects - but rather I chose the Science path, like you did.

I can only wish you the best of luck Habibz. :)

Persian_Habibz

how much will the hsc help and i made a mistake, oops lol i got an average of 75 for physics. its not that much better but its something. for english advanced im certain i killed the exam, especially area of study. will that help aything??

Huy

HSC
N/A
its not that much better but its something
True +5 is significant nonetheless.
for english advanced im certain i killed the exam, especially area of study. will that help aything??
It will change your raw examination mark, which is then further scaled by UAC - this will 'help'.

If you "killed the exam, especially the area of study" then your mark of 76% in English (Advanced) changes accordingly. If you are going to be receiving a Band 5 (low to mid Band 5), as well as improving your Physics mark by +5 (as you've noted, from 70% to 75%) then you are in for a chance with an 85 UAI, however I cannot promise anything. :)

Persian_Habibz

i think ma chem let me down alot but that wasnt even ma fault, i was scoring average 76 then for trials i got really sick and was forced to give in misadventure. they put ma exam and prac both 50%. i was devastated! BASTARDS!!! arent they supposed to estimate it on ur previous marks?

Huy

HSC
N/A
do u do physics?
Yes.
if so what did u think bout exam? i thought it was pretty hard, chem was ok.
Exam Thoughts - 2003
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=122

Physics - Exam thoughts
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=182

Chemistry - Exam thoughts
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=190

arent they supposed to estimate it on ur previous marks?
I wouldn't know, sorry. But I do know that if you don't show up to your HSC exam, you are given an estimate based on your Assessment mark (I think, I'm not sure on this either, as I showed up to all my exams). It may be different for other schools, so I'm not completely certain that you are given a prediction based on your marks. I can't really answer that one, you might want to talk to your curriculum co-ordinator or Principal at your school for further details, as I believe the Board of Studies have rules and procedural documents available at their website.

www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au

edit
btw, welcome to BOS :)

asymptote03

HSC
N/A
how much will the hsc help and i made a mistake, oops lol i got an average of 75 for physics. its not that much better but its something. for english advanced im certain i killed the exam, especially area of study. will that help aything??
hey u dont know tht for sure...cos this mark of 75 will be scaled...prolly be in the 80s or sth....dont worry...phys is considered a hard sub n the scaling is good!

and dont ask for a UAI prediction..ARE YOU THE UAC? ARE THE PEOPLE HERE THE UAC? no one knows for sure...its different every year...i personally dont believe wat people say about UAI prediction n stuff....relax and wait for the day...10 good days have fun!

~Dreamer

HSC
exactly what assymptote said.. my marks are similiar to urs in math and phys, we just have to wait and see lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)