can they nominate? (1 Viewer)

jibba

hey fellow ext history people.

having just rang the advice line, im now kind of freaking out!

contary to what my class teacher said, the guy on the advice line reckons that in the case study ( mine is JFK) that they can nominate the focus areas that you have to discuss for example man and myth, public and private, indochina or kruschev.
whilst i would be sweet for man and myth/public and private and indochina i would be screwed if they nominated kruschev.

is every one else aware of this? do you think they could nominate. i mean they can if the wanted

ahhh so scared now

Mike iE

HSC
I dont think they can do this, as the Question is the same for each case study - therefore not allowing them to specify. They haven't done it before, and i dont think this year they would change.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
They have never specified in a case study - the only specification is regarding the question itself. Although this is not the case in Q.1. long answer short: they can't and won't.

hanjoc

theres too many options for them to specify a different question for each topic...there would be pages and pages of exam for about a quarter of the page u needed to get your question. i highly doubt they'll do it...and if they do, this year better not be the year

laracroft

technically they can do it, just like in english they could have specified which frontline episodes u had to discuss,
but they've never done it b4
but trusting the board of studies, i wouldnt rule it out completely

Suspense

Never done it before and I'll eat my computer if it happens tomorrow. There's 20 something case studies so they'd have to go through and do that for each one. If they do, I'm screwed as I've only learnt 2 out of the 4 (or is it 5??) issues in mine.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
generic question for all case studies: hence, answer = NO.

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
im certain they won't

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)