Can someone help me out with Frontline? (1 Viewer)

HSC
For the additional texts for Frontline do they have to directly relate to the issues explored in a particular episode. Or do they just have to be about misrepresentation of truth in general?

For example for "Add Sex and Stir" do I have to find an article about how sex is used to manipulate the truth?

I'm confused about this cos my teacher said that they should relate and some people have said they don't have to....

Thanx for any help....

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
our teacher said that the main thing is that as long as the supp. texts relate to 'telling the truth'. like im using gossip the film and this play be david williamson which both sorta just relate to telling the truth, not with media and the truth...but then again i DID think of them half and hour and 12 hours before my trial so i have nfi whether they're suitable texts or not...

HSC
Originally posted by johnson
our teacher said that the main thing is that as long as the supp. texts relate to 'telling the truth'. like im using gossip the film and this play be david williamson which both sorta just relate to telling the truth, not with media and the truth...but then again i DID think of them half and hour and 12 hours before my trial so i have nfi whether they're suitable texts or not...
ok fair enough....

my teacher is really confusing me....

ben

technically they just have to relate to telling the truth... if they are related to the episodes it might make it easier (or harder).

Mia

we have been told to find things relating to truth in the media

I am doing an artilce about the cheryl kernoyt garth evens affair
and a exsert from hiltler book mein kumph about propaganda.

Alex

Kent you should know that our teacher is a lost bimbo (no offence to Blondies out there, but this one is just purely lopsided).

chanfky

Anyone got any good Frontline related materials?
If yes, can you please email them to me
chanfky@bigfoot.com

or post it onto the bored of studies site?
Thx heeeeeeeeeeeeaps!! :D

Last edited:

icki

there's heaps on the US govt cover up on sept 11, umm...like mentioned earlier, the thing about cheryl kernot, ummm...even books like animal farm...movies like the insider, vanilla sky...maybe even ummm...wot's it called?? tom cruise....cars on side of building....crappp..how can i forget!!

icki

Originally posted by mercurydrinker
For the additional texts for Frontline do they have to directly relate to the issues explored in a particular episode. Or do they just have to be about misrepresentation of truth in general?

For example for "Add Sex and Stir" do I have to find an article about how sex is used to manipulate the truth?

I'm confused about this cos my teacher said that they should relate and some people have said they don't have to....

Thanx for any help....
well....i think either way you link it is fine...so long as u have a link i dun think the teachers really care

if its just a link to truth...then maybe say something like "similarly, the manipulation of truth by the media through the use of umm....hyperbolic language is also reflected in ....."

if its a link to something more specific...then say so! ;) "Likewise, issues relating to sex and its exploitation by the media to achieve ratings is also seen in...."

i dunno...i suck in english
dun comment on my grammatic errors if i made any

ben

Originally posted by icki
there's heaps on the US govt cover up on sept 11, umm...like mentioned earlier, the thing about cheryl kernot, ummm...even books like animal farm...movies like the insider, vanilla sky...maybe even ummm...wot's it called?? tom cruise....cars on side of building....crappp..how can i forget!!
minority report?

HSC
Originally posted by Mia
we have been told to find things relating to truth in the media

I am doing an artilce about the cheryl kernoyt garth evens affair
and a exsert from hiltler book mein kumph about propaganda.
sorry to be all pedantic....
but its "Mein Kampf", well seeing as you're using it I think you should know the spelling :p

And Alex I know she is completely lost,
I don't think shes blonde, did she dye her hair?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)