Can someone explain to me what parts of this module (I'm doing NTGlobal)...? (1 Viewer)

2KL4SKL

HSC
I have to find related texts for? I'm really confused. So far I've done the texts Lost in Translation, Shipping News & some Heaney. Can anyone help?

yummy-cookies

HSC
Wow, I've done the same prescribed texts!

Answering the question you have posed up there, you have to find related texts because the exam asks that of you - you have to write about two of your precribed texts as well as two texts of your own chosing in the extended response.

If your asking what are you looking for in potential related materials, I believe you should look for texts that reflect at least two of the paradigms and also explore the local and the global - basically what you've been looking for all year in your prescribed. You can find texts that complement, or even contrast the views explored in Lost in Translation, Shipping News and Heaney.

cancaramel

HSC
In term 4 last year, for Extension 1 English we had to do a "Reading Folio" of related texts for an assessment - basically, just as the previous post said, texts which reflect ways of thinking in the 20th-21st Century.

It's good to find texts that are set/composed during this period - they will always give some indication/reflect ways of thinking for navigating the global.

It's also good to do a wide range of texts - for example, a movie, with a novel, a poem etc. and to explore a wide range of perspectives. This was one thing we were marked on for that assessment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)