Can somebody help me (1 Viewer)

englishhelpme

HSC
So I have one week to study for the English Studies Exam and I have no clue how to start.
What do I do? Can someone help me? My teacher isn’t giving any work or revision to us.
I don’t care how hard it is going to be, just want it to get it and done with. Like I don’t why I enrolled in the English Studies exam instead of the Maths Standard 1 Exam. So please can someone help me?

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Well study all the notes you have been given, answer short answer questions and practice writing alot. I’m not familiar with the English Studies course that much even tho I have been always curious what happens in English Studies.

englishhelpme

HSC
How the fuck instead of reading my notes. Just tell me, I just want to get this and done with. Don’t give two fucks if I get a mystery mark, just want to get it done with

englishhelpme

HSC
We studied Billy Elliot and the module Part of a family and my teacher tells us to use those

uniqueusername1

HSC
So I have one week to study for the English Studies Exam and I have no clue how to start.
What do I do? Can someone help me? My teacher isn’t giving any work or revision to us.
I don’t care how hard it is going to be, just want it to get it and done with. Like I don’t why I enrolled in the English Studies exam instead of the Maths Standard 1 Exam. So please can someone help me?
Idk memorise a bunch of quotes that link to common themes

icycledough

HSC
I just had a read on the NESA syllabus for the English Studies course and there's 14 modules (A to N) + a common module!!! Is this actually for real because how do they expect you to remember that many essays? Unless the course is structured in a way which I don't know about?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@englishhelpme, going forward, please be patient and avoid resorting to abusive comments when seeking assistance.

The English Studies Examination is comprised of four sections, as follows:
  • Section I – 20 marks: This section assesses your knowledge and understanding of Texts and Human Experiences by asking you questions about a number of unseen texts. A good way to prepare for this section is to go through all the literary and visual techniques that you have learned throughout the year. Examples of techniques include similes and metaphors. I also suggest taking a look at the syllabus document for English Studies (https://educationstandards.nsw.edu....s-stage-6-syllabus-2017.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=) and the NESA Support Document for English Studies (https://syllabus.nesa.nsw.edu.au/as...sample-learning-experiences-and-resources.pdf).
  • Section II – 20 marks: This section also assesses your knowledge and understanding of Texts and Human Experiences, this time in essay form. Ensure you have a thorough understanding of your prescribed text(s) for this section, allowing you to develop a good analysis and ultimately provide a good quality response.
  • Section III – 15 marks: Similar to section II, this section assesses your knowledge of the Elective Modules that you have studied. Ensure you have a thorough understanding of your prescribed text(s) for this section, as you may be required to demonstrate this by referring to more than one text allowing you to develop a good analysis and ultimately provide a good quality response.
  • Section IV – 15 marks: This section is very similar to Module C in English Standard and English Advanced. The only way to effectively prepare for this section is to practise writing and responding to various stimuli, allowing you to refine your writing skills and boost your confidence, particularly since you are not made aware of the stimulus prior to the exam.
I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)