can somebody help me on this world order Q.?! (1 Viewer)

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
can anybody PLEASE ! give me some pointers/help on how to answer this essay Q!

"evaluate the effectiveness of the law relating to world order in achieving justice for individuals, justice for society and justice for the nation state"

thanxxx =D=p=D

carlz_07

HSC
Hey, hope this is of assistance.

Refer to the syllabus when answering the question. It will be really helpful.

What you are looking at in the syllabus is the "effectiveness of law for individuals, society and nation-states"

Look at what criteria is there. i.e. State Sovereignty, Recognition of Nation-States, Balance of international standards and expectations of nation-states, enforceability, accessibility, reform, equality of treatment of nation-states... just to name a few. There's HEAPS!

And then after you look at effectiveness of the law in acheiving justice through that criteria, look at formal and informal means such as Non-government Organisations, Media, Courts and Tribunals etc..

Look at the roles of international organisations such as the UN, and about how it ensures justice. Talk about the fact that it mostly deals with Nation-states. About the International Court of Justice and how nations only have standing. About the enforceability of ICJ decisions.

Talk about stuff like the question of a world criminal court, and about stuff like the UN Declaration of Human Rights, Humanitarian Law (And the International Committee of the Red Cross) about the UN Charter. About stuff like force, persuasion etc...

Talk about relevent examples as well. Like the Civil War in Somalia, the Ok Tedi Mines in PNG, about the American Invasion of Iraq, about stuff like the Tampa Crisis, the fiji military coup carried out by Col. Rambuka, Human rights violations in Equitorial Guinea, the rwanda genocide etc... there's heaps of examples.

Talk about international customary law, about the Geneva Conventions etc.

If you need any more help now that I've pointed you in the right direction, just email me at duncanc@iprimus.com.au

Remember to refer back to the question all the time though and use lead sentences! that's key.

Cheers,

Carlz

also look in the resources section, I uploaded my world order question summary which should help too.

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
THANK U SOOOOOOOOO x 1000000 MUCH !!

the xc3ption

hey i just completed that as an assessemnt task... i hope its not too late but i just posted it up in resources

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)