• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Can some one explain this to me plz (1 Viewer)

sonic1988

The Rookie
HSC
What is plan view? What is sectional view? Do we need to do cross-sectional for top view? And also explain in detail about thread convention plz

Thank you very much

HSC
sonic1988 said:
What is plan view? What is sectional view? Do we need to do cross-sectional for top view? And also explain in detail about thread convention plz

Thank you very much
AHHH I HATE ENGINEERING DRAWING! ermmm.......sorri cant help u
the onli thing i can answer is yes to
" Do we need to do cross-sectional for top view?"
coz i got it in my 1/2 yearlis

***Gabs***

HSC
Um i did tech drawing for 2 years but i dont no how much i remember of it with a sectional view is well imagine u have a piston or something and u cut it in half. You cross hatch like this /////// the surfaces with 30 and 60 degreee lines and each surface has to have lines that go different ways. You dont cross hatch nuts and bolts but you show things like threads on the bolts. If i could id show you my old pictures. Um im not sure what you mean by plan view but it could mean kind of a plan layout of a house kind of thing and if by top view you are reffereng to orthoganol then unless stated i dont think you cross section it a top view but yeah i hope that sort of helps im going off my memory of 2 years ago so it might not be 100% accurate but its a start
xxx

MoNNiE

HSC
Section View in engineering terms CAN be a section cut in half and looking at it from the inside. But a more precise definition is where you cut a line between an area which you are interested to know the internal details of. It could be wanting to know the internal arrangement of lets say.. a hollow cylinder or a screw thread

Plan View on the otherhand is indeed how we see things from the top -- think of architect drawings and the house/building plan layouts

Thread Convention, I have heard of it, but I have never bothered to understand its meaning. best to ask a drafter or something!

Hope that helps :)

dir3

HSC
A plain view is unsectioned

A half section is a quater cut away and full section is half cut away :)

look up engineering drawing standards because you dont section everything, for example, threads dont get sectioned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)