Can i use a candle? (1 Viewer)

Pearlz

Hey guys, i'm really desperate at the moment
as you all know, BOW's have to be locked away monday 9am and there's one thing i need to know, but cant find out anywhere

can i use a candle in my BOW
i'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the direction of the Board of studies guidlines regarding things like this cos i cant find it.
It wont cause a fire or anything, i'm doing an installation so the examiners can light it themselves but i just dont know if this is allowed or not

PLEASE HELP:confused:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i'm not sure. it might be good to ring up the hsc helpline thingy, i did that last year when i had problems with my BoW... or your art teacher might be able to put you in contact with someone at the BoS involved in art.

i'd say you'd be ok, personally, but that's just going on a whim. have a read through the syllabus, see what it says in there. if you get worried, set it up yourself and take a few photos with the candle on, and then submit it with instructions for the markers. at the worst, i think they'd mark it without lighting the candle.

foxy

i was made for lovin u...
i'm sure u can have a candle in your work...

you just cannot have blood, animal or human parts, syringes/needles, glass or sharp plastic.

markers only have 10mins to scrutinise a work, so they'll decide whether to light it or not...but just chuck in instructions/photos as saladsugery said....

im havin trouble with packing!!!! AHHH

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah you can definitely use a candle - i went to this art exhibition of last year's hsc artworks and there was a candle in one of the artworks (which, similarly to yours, was an installation type thing)

but yeah, what saladboy said: make sure u ask your teacher exactly what to do and write detailed instructions for the hsc markers to set up your installation

Pearlz

okay yeh i'll just leave it up to them to light the candles

my teacher has no idea....she's so hopeless:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)