Can i still get a 90s atar? (1 Viewer)

8rightstar

HSC
I got really bad in my term 1 and 2 hsc internal marks at around 60%-80%. Is it possible for me to still attain a 90 atar if i lock in next term?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Generally speaking, assuming this was across your subjects, it should still be possible for you to comfortably attain (and perhaps exceed) an ATAR of 90. To maximise your chances of achieving this goal, you will need to do your utmost to ensure favourable performance across your subjects in your remaining school-based assessment tasks/exams. This will allow you to place high within your cohort in each of your subjects, meaning that you will be in a comfortable position as you approach your HSC exams, which you must also perform well in to reach your desired ATAR.

With that being said, it is important to note that beyond indicating potential areas of improvement, the specific mark values do not offer much insight on their own, especially when considering the varying difficulties of assessment tasks/exams between schools. In determining your current level of performance as well as how much improvement would be needed for your performance to be consistent with your ATAR goal, you should consider the ranks that your marks reflect. Essentially, the higher your rank in a subject, the higher your Assessment Mark (the mark that reflects your internal performance and contributes 50% of your overall HSC mark in a subject) is likely to be for that subject.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)