Can i please have a UAI Prediction Thanks (1 Viewer)

mattyz

HSC
Hey everyone these are my trial marks and my overall ranks

Info. Processs & tech - 80% - 2/40
VET IT - 80% - 2/16
Software Design - 60% - 1/4
English Standard 75% - 50/140
General Maths - 65% - 7/70

I was wondering around what would i get based on them marks also maths mark wasnt up to par i was really sick during that exam so i think i can do alot better during the HSC, SDD my teacher hasnt tought us anything so we have to learn it ourselves GREAT ah well so yer is it possible to get over 80?... either way based on them marks what will i get around thanks.

Just James

Veteran Member
HSC
You'll probably get a UAI between 55 and 60. It's unlikey that you'll get anything higher than 60. Definitely nothing higher than 65. I'm sorry, but there is no chance of getting 80+.

mattyz

HSC
christian bros HS lewo we dont make top 200 but i rekon i personally can compete with the rest of the state in most of my subjects

mattyz

HSC
BTW if Just James is correct just tell me as it is no need to be nice i just have to accept that this sucks but meh yer.

mattyz

HSC
well i was putting some numbers into sam and i am hoping for around mid to high bad 5's for every subject and for english im hoping to get around early to mid bad 4's my teacher rekons i will so yer? sam said around 75-85 so yer i dunno

Just James

Veteran Member
HSC
mattyz said:
well i was putting some numbers into sam and i am hoping for around mid to high bad 5's for every subject and for english im hoping to get around early to mid bad 4's my teacher rekons i will so yer? sam said around 75-85 so yer i dunno
Exactly, you're hoping for high band 5's. You would have to perform exceptionally well in order to boost your school marks to high band 5's, but even then you wouldn't be able to get more than 80 with that.You are studying low scaling subjects. If you believe you're working much harder for the exams then I will revise my prediction. But it probably won't be higher than 70. A UAI of 65-70.

mattyz

HSC
ahh kk just james man this shit isnt fare what the fuck is the use of choosing subjects i am good in competition levels at my school are not that high so i am not as motivated to do as well just near the top is good enough and i slacked off in some circumstances which dropped me to lower ranks :( i seriously am now not motivated to study i just wanna say fucked board of studies fuck uac and fuck this shit. :> the end

sarakolahdouzan

HSC
ur marks dont look bad at all.. i dont agree with james either.. the onli thing thats pulin u down a bit is stand english.. but i if u do well in the actual hsc then u dont need to worry.. i know people who did standard english and got 80's in their uai so dont worri.. dont let it demotivate u.. my friend did community and family studies, dnt, maths, adv english and art.. alot of her subjects were scaling down subjects but she worked her ass of for the hsc and got a uai of 94... it doesnt matter wot subject u do, its how hard u work in the subject u are doing.. i think u defs have potential to get 80 if u do well in the hsc.. but at the moment i say ur lookin at around 75..

sarakolahdouzan

HSC
ur marks dont look bad at all.. i dont agree with james either.. the onli thing thats pulin u down a bit is stand english.. but i if u do well in the actual hsc then u dont need to worry.. i know people who did standard english and got 80's in their uai so dont worri.. dont let it demotivate u.. my friend did community and family studies, dnt, maths, adv english and art.. alot of her subjects were scaling down subjects but she worked her ass of for the hsc and got a uai of 94... it doesnt matter wot subject u do, its how hard u work in the subject u are doing.. i think u defs have potential to get 80 if u do well in the hsc.. but at the moment i say ur lookin at around 75..

Just James

Veteran Member
HSC
Well guess what, none of you have HSC experience. None of you have studied university mathematics. None of you have read the HSC marks of thousands of HSC students and their subsequent UAIs. You'll get the opportunity to do that in December on this forum. After that time, you will have gained a lot of field experience in UAI prediction. I did high scaling subjects and as a result, my UAI was high. But I had plenty of friends who got similar HSC marks in lower scaling subjects and got low UAIs that they were disappointed with. Yes, in a way the system is unfair, but that is the way it is. It's not a simple matter with English. English (both standard and advanced) are negative scaling subjects.

You can't just say "despite English and Maths". English and Maths are the problem and the key to a higher UAI.

If you slog (and I mean slog) it out for the next few weeks and don't lose faith, then I suppose a UAI of 75 is a reality. But unfortunately, nothing higher.

Last edited:

saraheid1

HSC
Can someone plz predict my UAI: plzzzzzzzzzz thanks
Biology: 79
Foodtech: 79
Math adv: 71
English: 71
Chemistry:71

mattyz

HSC
Hello James how are you going mate to prove that what you said is a load of bullshit mate and you know jack shit so you should shut your mouth i scored 80.5 for my UAI so buddy stop acting like you know everything ok.

Just James

Veteran Member
HSC
mattyz said:
Hello James how are you going mate to prove that what you said is a load of bullshit mate and you know jack shit so you should shut your mouth i scored 80.5 for my UAI so buddy stop acting like you know everything ok.
Please accept my apologies mattyz, congratulations on getting 80.5. Remember however that the prediction was based on the trial results. As webby234 said, you must have improved and hence performed better in the HSC. Well done mate, I hope there are no hard feelings. Best of luck in whatever you do in the future :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)