can i make an art book for mdp (1 Viewer)

futuredesigner

HSC
i am good in photoshop and illustrator and i like creating and designing vector art, so i want to base my major around that. i know that there has to be a need or problem, so what can that be?

eloxquence

HSC
i used photoshop and illustrator to create a Graphic Design Careers Guide..basically it was a very graphics based careers guide which gave information on different bachelor and diploma courses in the graphic design related area. Basically the project itself will be small and relatively quick to make (compared to someone making a table or sewing a dress) so you've got to make up for it in the portfolio section. My book was about 32 pages long..took me two/three days to design...a couple of weeks to get the colour matches done right for printing and some hiccups but basically no where near as much as my peers. My portfolio, however, was close to 1000 pages in length as I detailed every step, screen shot and idea and went through the basic use of each tool, palette, menu, settings, etc etc in the programs and that was very involved.

I got nominated for DesignTech, so it must have been decent.

Good luck :)

- ju-li3n -

HSC
probably the most obvious is to create a tutorial teaching people your skills, make it amazing, detailed and logical.

you can pretty much base it around one image, just show every step, and make sure it contains many techniques.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)