Can I get some feedback? (1 Viewer)

yellowhighlighterr

HSC
Question: Evaluate the effectiveness of an educational campaign or public health program designed to prevent skin cancer. Suggest possible future strategies.

My response:
Criteria: To what extent was the Australian "Slip! Slop! Slap!" campaign of 1980 effective in decreasing the incidence of skin cancer and cancer-inducing behaviours?

Australian not-for-profit Anti-Cancer Council Victoria released a televised advertisement titled "Slip! Slop! Slap!" in 1980. In it, a seagull mascot named Sid can be seen singing and dancing to a catchy jingle that describes various protective measures against skin cancer, some of which included using sunscreen, wearing full-length clothing and wearing a hat. This advertisement was extremely popular amongst its target audience of children due to the usage of dramatic cartoons, and its musical nature allowed the important information presented to be easily remembered. A study from 1990 to 2020 by Suzanne Dobbinson of Cancel Council Australia has reported that the likelihood of an Australian implementing sun protection methods had nearly tripled in the decade after the campaign was released. Another 2018 study conducted by the University of Sydney has reported a reduction in melanoma incidence in individuals under 55 years. Attitudes towards sun protection and safety measure usage has also changed as reported by another study published in 2019, as there has been a decrease in the preference of tanning, which often indicated signs of UV damage to the skin and hence skin cancer. However, the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare states that protective behaviour is gradually starting to decrease, especially in teenagers and young adults. This may contribute to an increased incidence in the future. In conclusion, the trends on the incidence of skin cancer and cancer inducing behaviours (such as tanning, avoiding sunscreen and reducing clothing worn) has shown a steep decrease in the incidence of skin cancer, and an increased adoption of protective behaviours. The positive features outweigh the negative ones. Hence, the "Slip! Slop! Slap!" campaign has been extremely effective in its cause.

Future strategies to reduce the incidence include reducing the cost of sunscreens. The integration of shady places/structures in civil engineering will reduce exposure to harmful sun rays, which may reduce the incidence of skin cancer. Another method A new health campaign targeted at teenagers will further help to reduce the incidence of skin cancer, as this is the group most affected by it.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Question: Evaluate the effectiveness of an educational campaign or public health program designed to prevent skin cancer. Suggest possible future strategies.

My response:
Criteria: To what extent was the Australian "Slip! Slop! Slap!" campaign of 1980 effective in decreasing the incidence of skin cancer and cancer-inducing behaviours?

Australian not-for-profit Anti-Cancer Council Victoria released a televised advertisement titled "Slip! Slop! Slap!" in 1980. In it, a seagull mascot named Sid can be seen singing and dancing to a catchy jingle that describes various protective measures against skin cancer, some of which included using sunscreen, wearing full-length clothing and wearing a hat. This advertisement was extremely popular amongst its target audience of children due to the usage of dramatic cartoons, and its musical nature allowed the important information presented to be easily remembered. A study from 1990 to 2020 by Suzanne Dobbinson of Cancel Council Australia has reported that the likelihood of an Australian implementing sun protection methods had nearly tripled in the decade after the campaign was released. Another 2018 study conducted by the University of Sydney has reported a reduction in melanoma incidence in individuals under 55 years. Attitudes towards sun protection and safety measure usage has also changed as reported by another study published in 2019, as there has been a decrease in the preference of tanning, which often indicated signs of UV damage to the skin and hence skin cancer. However, the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare states that protective behaviour is gradually starting to decrease, especially in teenagers and young adults. This may contribute to an increased incidence in the future. In conclusion, the trends on the incidence of skin cancer and cancer inducing behaviours (such as tanning, avoiding sunscreen and reducing clothing worn) has shown a steep decrease in the incidence of skin cancer, and an increased adoption of protective behaviours. The positive features outweigh the negative ones. Hence, the "Slip! Slop! Slap!" campaign has been extremely effective in its cause.

Future strategies to reduce the incidence include reducing the cost of sunscreens. The integration of shady places/structures in civil engineering will reduce exposure to harmful sun rays, which may reduce the incidence of skin cancer. Another method A new health campaign targeted at teenagers will further help to reduce the incidence of skin cancer, as this is the group most affected by it.
this is good, but u dont need that many speicifc stats for ur answers. did u research this or actually memorise and write this as part of some sort of hand in ?

nsw..wollongong

HSC

My response:

u should firstly establish the criteria for determining the effectiveness of a campaign (eg. high visibility, collaboration between sectors - like the government collaborating with skin care companies and Australian beureua of stats idk how to spell it - , memorability, demographic, if its actually reduced incidence of skin cancer).

thenn u can have each of ur points relating to a specific criterion and use language of effectiveness (eg. successfully, substantially, etc) to show if its positive or negative.

a lot of what u said can be summarised, markers arent looking if u know that it was a seagull mascot who came up with it. rather, u can say that the catchy or sing-song nature of the slogan makes it easily memorable for all audiences so that they are constantly reminded to protect themselves from the sun.

also u can talk abt how in 2008 or somewhere arnd then they added "seek and slide", demonstrating how the developers of the slogan have responded to the statistics in slight increase in incidence to improve the effectiveness of the campaign. this shows increased collaboration between sectors and responsiveness to feedback.

yellowhighlighterr

HSC
u should firstly establish the criteria for determining the effectiveness of a campaign (eg. high visibility, collaboration between sectors - like the government collaborating with skin care companies and Australian beureua of stats idk how to spell it - , memorability, demographic, if its actually reduced incidence of skin cancer).

thenn u can have each of ur points relating to a specific criterion and use language of effectiveness (eg. successfully, substantially, etc) to show if its positive or negative.

a lot of what u said can be summarised, markers arent looking if u know that it was a seagull mascot who came up with it. rather, u can say that the catchy or sing-song nature of the slogan makes it easily memorable for all audiences so that they are constantly reminded to protect themselves from the sun.

also u can talk abt how in 2008 or somewhere arnd then they added "seek and slide", demonstrating how the developers of the slogan have responded to the statistics in slight increase in incidence to improve the effectiveness of the campaign. this shows increased collaboration between sectors and responsiveness to feedback.
🙏🙏🙏

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC

My response:

I'm gonna be completely honest - this was the very last thing we learnt and I'm not confident in it - plus we looked at an AIDS campaign... But I think the main idea is to say that it must be directed at the public, which you said...

Look bio isn't my strong point rn 😅 I'm grinding Chem rn sorry

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I'm gonna be completely honest - this was the very last thing we learnt and I'm not confident in it - plus we looked at an AIDS campaign... But I think the main idea is to say that it must be directed at the public, which you said...

Look bio isn't my strong point rn 😅 I'm grinding Chem rn sorry
Uhhhhh also I think put more emphasis on the point of para2 and less on what the campaign is, you probably don't need the explanation of the dancing seagull tbh

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
altho i would ask u to get feedback from @Gabriel1210 since he does biology

i do not do biology so i dont know much of what is required for the course and i have to quickly teach myself the whole syllabys before i can give feedback
liar u did accel bio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)