Can i get a UAI of 90+ if i fail.... physics??? (1 Viewer)

dleroy

HSC
Hi everyone.. ok my first question is.. where can i get PHYSICS PRACTICAL EXPERIMENT RESULTS on the net because 80% of the experiments that involved magnets don't work (because the school can't afford new ones) and others I can't even understand. I know you're supposed to tell the truth but...

Question #2 Can I get a decent UAI if i fail physics INTERNAL IN SCHOOL ASSESSMENT TASK but i do really well in the HSC ? The subjects i do are eng. adv., maths2u, chemistry, physics and economics; because i really want to do science and/or commerce at Uni.

Really appreciate if anyone could help! :)

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
answer to first question: i am sure that many of the 06ers would be more than happy to provide the results of their magnet experiments for you. also, please be more specific with what experiments you seek. e.g. is it the motor effect, or on power generation, or eddy currents...?

answer to 2nd question: yes u can still achieve a high UAI even if you fail ur internal assessments. this is under the assumption that UR RANKINGS ARE GOOD (e.g. top 5, etc...). u might fail the internal assessment, but its okay if u still maintain decent rankings. and yes, another assumption is that you do well in the actual HSC :)

hope all goes well for you, dleroy! good luck for ur internal assessments and the HSC!

BigBear_25

HSC
dleroy said:
Hi everyone.. ok my first question is.. where can i get PHYSICS PRACTICAL EXPERIMENT RESULTS on the net because 80% of the experiments that involved magnets don't work (because the school can't afford new ones) and others I can't even understand. I know you're supposed to tell the truth but...
Well depends on what the experiment is. I don't have any results but usually if everyone uses the same equipment you usually get the same results which won't really matter. But for example if you were to measure the accleration due to gravity (as in the space topic) then the results would matter. But then you could show the marker things like percentage error

i.e [(results obtained- real result)/ real result]*100 (the equation has absolute values sign around it)

For example in an experiment calculating the accleration due to gravity. Experimentally the result i got was 12 m.s^-2

The percentage error will be: [(12-9.8)/9.8]*100
= 22.44

You can also talk about factors that cause the experimental error. For example if your talking about Motors and Generators you could talk about energy losses that occur in the system.

Also teachers don't usually like students bagging out the crappy shcool equipment as factors that cause errors in experiments.

Hope this helps.:)

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
You can't.
Your whole life will come to nothing and you'll be forced to work at your local supermarket for the rest of your life, you dumbfuck.

WHAT DO YOU FUCKING THINK?! I hate you stressed-out Year 12ers. Stop shitting me.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHH I'MGOINGTOFAILANDNOTBE A LAWYER/MEDICO/INVESTMENT BANKER. Jeeze, shut up and take it up the arse. Rich and succesful people make themselves.

dleroy

HSC
answer to first question: i am sure that many of the 06ers would be more than happy to provide the results of their magnet experiments for you. also, please be more specific with what experiments you seek.
Thanks... but i think a website would be more efficient.

WHAT DO YOU FUCKING THINK?! I hate you stressed-out Year 12ers. Stop shitting me.
Um... did you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today? I do apologize if my questions conjured an image of the typical stressed-out person that IRRITATED your malfunctioned cerebellum so much, that you feel the need to post a false and indecent statement. And I should go and tell off the teacher who told me "don't be afraid to ask questions" because asking questions could lead to an annoying pest who is proned to irritations.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)