Can I get 99+ ATAR? (1 Viewer)

trolface

HSC
As of this date, my rank in my school is 53 and my ATAR estimate is 93.
My school ranking is around 30.

If I study my butt off, and ace the trials and HSC, do I have the slightest chance of getting an ATAR above 99.

And I was thinking of doing choosing med as my future career path. If I can't get an ATAR above 99, should I not do the UMAT and focus more on studying for the HSC?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
This is very general, what do you mean by 'study my butt off, and ace the trials and HSC'?, it will depend on how well other people also do in the trials in your cohort, what is the percentage weighting of your trials as well as just what do you mean by 'doing well'?, i think you should stop speculating and instead just continuing studying and aiming to improve in each assessment tasks you do by learning from the mistakes you have made-this will maximise your chance of achieving your goal, however, just keep in mind in the case you don't achieve it, it does not necessarily mean you can't get into medicine, if you are determined enough, you can always transferred in from doing med science or do graduate medicine. No one can tell you whether you can or can't get an ATAR above 99, you are just half way through year 12, so thus no one besides you can inform you whether or not you should or should not do the UMAT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)