• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

can i get 93+? (1 Viewer)

runnable

HSC
PeterRickards said:
yer i didnt put up history extension at all...
the only marks i put up were english...as currently the top half of our grade is situated within about 10 marks of each other at 79 +
top mark in the entire course is 89.

as for maths...that ranking is including the 3 unit students who also do 2 unit, in the actual 2 unit course i am coming i think around top 10/15

All other marks i didnt put up by more than 2 i think, as apparently our assessments are marked harder..im not sure about that..hence why i am asking for clarification.
So do i trust the SAM thing?
Do as I suggested earlier and you will have a much clearer picture.

"What is more accurate is to find out the percentage of people getting over a certain mark for each of your subects and deduce from your ranks which mark range you can get."

You have to know that your ranking is filed in WITH the Ext 1 Maths students for you 2U Maths? So it doesn't matter what your rank is WITHOUT the Ext Maths students.

Marking your assessments harder is no excuse to "raise your marks in the HSC". Your year will have to get higher marks in the externals than your year did in your internals, otherwise the lower marks in your internal component will simply mean that your year is not good enough. Also to note that RANK means EVERYTHING in internals, marks doesn't mean anything.

Do this and you will get a better picture.

"What is more accurate is to find out the percentage of people getting over a certain mark for each of your subects and deduce from your ranks which mark range you can get." Repetition to make it sink in.

From my experience (my school is ranked about the same as Trinity), your rank should get you a 90 or so.

SAM is trustworthy, it depends on what you PUT IN to be trustworthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)