Can I do my HSC in pencil? (1 Viewer)

JDurrant

HSC
You have to show all working in blue/black pen. Diagrams and graphs can be drawn in pencil though. The thing about pencil is that it can be easily edited without leaving much of a trace. Even though you don't get your papers back, it's a risk BOS wouldn't want to take.

Pencils fade, etc

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
No. My biology teacher says that sometimes the lighting in the marking centres is really bad and they can hardly even read the labels on diagrams. So you should do everything (apart from diagrams) in pen

If you really want to write in pencil get an erasable pen, although they are never as good to write with as normal pens.

Just.Snaz

HSC
soap~ said:
Why would you want to?
Cause if you've written a paragraph that you realise is absolute rubbish, you can rub it out and still have all the lines to write on rather than cross it out and be writing on the margins.

BrookSteven

HSC
I have very bad handwriting and desperately need a laptop to do my exams. Unfortunately, I couldn't get one. However, I can write a bit neater with a pencil than a pen, and fixing mistakes is a bonus too. Maybe I will have to invest in an expensive, comfortable pen.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
its called special provisions, and a student in his junior years is assigned as your scribe. You dictate to him, he writes for you

monstylez

HSC
Just.Snaz said:
Cause if you've written a paragraph that you realise is absolute rubbish, you can rub it out and still have all the lines to write on rather than cross it out and be writing on the margins.
You're meant to just put one cross along the paragraph and move on.

It's not like they restrict how much you can write.

Evilo

HSC
monstylez said:
You're meant to just put one cross along the paragraph and move on.

It's not like they restrict how much you can write.
+1 get a ruler and put one line straight through the paragraph. Done.

bawd

HSC
Just.Snaz said:
You can get as many writing booklets you need. Well, I'm pretty sure you can anyway.

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
bawd said:
You can get as many writing booklets you need. Well, I'm pretty sure you can anyway.
Correct. Rubbing out entire paragraphs would take far more time than simply putting a cross through them and asking for an extra booklet where required.

Speaking of which, 8 page books > 4 page. :D

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
bawd said:
Yea but in most subjects you answer the short answer questions in the exam booklet with a specific number of lines for each question

Poad

HSC
Just.Snaz said:
Guys, I'm pretty sure Snaz was referring to general short answer questions where you actually write in the lines provided. Coz, y'know, that would make sense when he/she said about "writing on the margins".

Edit: Beaten to it! >_>

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Poad said:
Guys, I'm pretty sure Snaz was referring to general short answer questions where you actually write in the lines provided. Coz, y'know, that would make sense when he/she said about "writing on the margins".

Edit: Beaten to it! >_>
By not even a minute :p

Evilo

HSC
Just write notes down on scrap before writing your final answer.

BrookSteven

HSC
Are you kidding? Who has time to write a draft for every question?

And I already applied for special provisions, which is why I said I wasn't allowed to use it.

Evilo

HSC
BrookSteven said:
Are you kidding? Who has time to write a draft for every question?

And I already applied for special provisions, which is why I said I wasn't allowed to use it.
how hard is it to write 2-5 words for a 1 paragraph question to queue up what you're going to say.

HSC
Yeah i started doing that, it really helps, especially with essay questions.

You can write notes on the question paper - well that's what i've been doing.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Evilo said:
how hard is it to write 2-5 words for a 1 paragraph question to queue up what you're going to say.
Shit like that is ESSENTIAL for 6-7 markers.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Evilo said:
+1 get a ruler and put one line straight through the paragraph. Done.
yep, that way the marker can still read it, cause in maths if youcross out something right, but dont replace it with a wrong answer you still get marks (but only if the marker can see what you crossed out)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)