Can I Do "Bachelor of Design" With No Related Studies in Year 11 & 12? (1 Viewer)

syworld

HSC
Can I Do "Bachelor of Design" With No Related Subjects in Year 11 & 12?

Can I Do "Bachelor of Design" With no related subjects in Year 11 & 12? The title says it all.... I have HUGE interest in design but my subjects for the HSC are adv eng, 3 u maths, business, legal and software - no related "art-related" subjects whatsoever.

So, will I still be able to do Bachelor of Design @ COFA?

Thank you!!

Last edited:
HSC
Oh I'm curious about that too.
I haven't done HSC Visual Arts, so I was wondering would I be at an extreme disadvantage?

_santa

HSC
I'm not a COFA student, but a friend of mine (4th year B Design), told me that you might be a bit disadvantaged in 1st year, but after that it's all fine. She didn't have any experience in Visual Arts when she started either, she said it was a bit hard at first coz the ppl who had prior knowledge in drawing, painting, etc. are more comfortable to express their ideas, but a lot of ppl in the course don't have any background in Arts either, so it should be okay if you have interest and motivation.

Also, from another friend doing B Fine Arts: Chill out, it's fun.
u might consider taking the Introductory Courses in 1st year too (they are core for B FA ppl so the standard is good, according to my friend)
Introductory: Drawing/Painting
Introductory: Sculpture/TBA
Introductory: Photo/Print

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)