Can hair relaxers cause hair loss? (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Hi
So, I used a relaxant kit ( chemical hair straightener) a few weeks ago and its starting to wear of at the bottom back of my head ( lol) and a little on the sides.

If I straighten my hair will it lead to permanent hair loss down the track.

When I did straighten my hair, it felt really good and had a nice shine to it, like it felt healthier then before.

MysteryGenius

HSC
it depends on how weak your hair is and how often you use relaxers
but i think you should be fine
i chemically straightened my hair last year and nothing happened when i straightened the areas where it had worn out :)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
make ~$200 working somewhere (may vary depending on your hair length)
go to hairdresser
as for brazil cacau natural straightening treatment (http://www.braziliancacaukeratintreatment.com.au/)
get straight hair which makes your hair healthier at the same time
enjoy straight hair for 2 months or so

renagraham

HSC
Hi
So, I used a relaxant kit ( chemical hair straightener) a few weeks ago and its starting to wear of at the bottom back of my head ( lol) and a little on the sides.

If I straighten my hair will it lead to permanent hair loss down the track.

When I did straighten my hair, it felt really good and had a nice shine to it, like it felt healthier then before.
I would like to point a general comment concerning the use of chemical products on your hair.

We know for a fact, that we Women like to style, color, or put in our hair into all kinds of treatment. And Over time this can take a toll on those locks which eventually can cause them to brittle, dry out and eventually fall which is quite obvious. Chemicals and even in fact the way you tie your hair can also lead to hair loss.

Hope this helps. :biglaugh:

I Study Hard

HSC
Is that similar to Keratin treatements?
(Sorry it's late and I was too lazy to click the link)
=)

Edit: Sorry this was in reply to Meilz, I didn't click the quote button like I meant to.

Shaniatwain427

HSC
N/A
Hair serves a protective function, but it is also important to physical appearance. Brittle hair affects the appearance and performance of the hair. Brittleness of hair can result in frequent breakage, difficulty combing and a dry, frizzy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)