Can anyone relate? (1 Viewer)

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
berry580 said:
Generally, as long as you have a balanced diet (e.g NOT 1 Big Mac + 1 Macca's salad for a meal, but 1 Big Mac a week and Subway (Ham Footlong with honey oak and all veges but chilli) for the rest! :D)
haha people can still get fat from subway or not lose much weight from it. i used to work at Subway and look what went wrong \= its kinda bs and a bit misleading, cause if you wanna do the 'subway diet' you gotta eat the white/brown/honey oat breads with no cheese and it depends on the sauce you put on =_= but the jalepenos are mAD! :D

Lundy

Banned
HSC
berry580 said:
Ok, anyway, your friend and sister are both 'slim' and 'attractive' and are 19 & 21 respectively, but never had a relation, right? Well that doesn't really mean much. They might not a want a relation until a certain stage (for whatever reason, school, religion, whatever.), or they might be lesbians (you never know), or people simply don't like their personality, or even more simpler, she can't fnd a guy that she likes because of high standards. Whatever that reason is, they're simply the odd ones out in my personal view, considering young people's trend in the society. But I don't really find that to be a bad thing, as orphans would probably be dramatically reduced if we are all just don't f--- because you know you can can't afford a child ($3000 won't last long).
Don't fucking LOL me. I'm not sure why you're trying to analyse, yourself, the love lives of people very close to me. I think I KNOW my own sister and friend, and you've no right to go making suggestions like that. They just haven't found anyone yet. They haven't found a guy worth having a relationship with, or who they'd be able to share feelings with. Is that so hard to comprehend?

Have you ever been in a relationship? well, then you must be ugly. (see, I can make unfounded suggestions too!)

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
berry580 said:
There's no people in this world who's perfect. Real love includes adapting, adapting who your partner really is and forgive his/her faults.
berry580 said:
What happens if its a 150kg girl who is intelligent, funny, nice and caring? :rolleyes:
Nice contradiction

capsicum

HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
This may come off as sounding like a whinge or a vent, but I'm just wondering is anyone can relate to my situation.... and it's also a bit of self reflection really....

I've never been in a relationship before.... not that it bothers me because I have never really been looking for one.... but I'm at the stage of my life where I would be interested in having a relationship with the right person....

In the "Never Been Kissed" thread everyone was saying to be confident.... and I am confident in my personality, brain etc.... everything except my looks. I am larger sized and while I try and just be happy with who I am and rarely ever have "boo hoo I am so fat" moments, sometimes it seems like it will never be possible for me to find the right guy because my physical appearance possibly turns guys off.... it just seems like guys around my age are primarily focused on physical features....

I also feel totally clueless when it comes to relationships and I feel kinda old (19) to have absolutely no clue lol... also I fall under that category of "never been kissed" and I feel so clueless about it all....

Anyone else in a similar situation? Any advice? Am I relatively old to be clueless about relationships? And is physical attraction of a huge importance to most guys around my age?
i can relate. i'm clueless, never dated, never kissed, feel unattractive but i'm proud of who i am. things will pick up, Ash, i'm sure. as tomorrow's_angel said, when you go looking for someone, you'll never find the someone, but as soon as you're happy to be single, someone will always come to you!

zhongie

HSC
I think there are moments (I hope) that really attractive girls doubt themselves too. Girls are just naturally neurotic people, I reckon.

But from your posts and stuff, Ash, you sound like a rally funny and intelligent person. Relationships are kinda like things you lose, when you're not looking for them, they pop up. Try not to think about it too much, which I know sounds stupid and is hard. But the whole weight thing...I mean, it's the only body you have, so you should get comfortable with it. If you're not happy, try and lose weight. But don't do it for anyone else, or in the hope anyone else would like you when you're thin. Do it for yourself.

There's no sure-fire way of getting a guy, but if you're worried about weight, maybe start out as friends first, and work it out like that...? But then there are a whole set of other problems...

It'll be ok. Relationships are beset with obstacles, at best.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
when you get a boyfriend, they like everything about you, your looks are pretty much just a bonus. they love the person you are...not just what you look like. the world isnt that sueperficial...only in the movies

berry580 said:
In that case, you can stay with your movies.
There's no people in this world who's perfect. Real love includes adapting, adapting who your partner really is and forgive his/her faults.
what are you on about? if you read my post properly, you would have realised i said "they love the person you are...not just what you look like". so maybe you should stick with YOUR movies because i was saying that is what the real world is like, the superficial world in movies, love you for what you look like

berry580 said:
i can tell you we dont like fat chicks but ones that are equal
speaking for yourself i presume? there is a rather large girl but she is really attractive, and she has a really HOT boyfriend....and most fat girls get boyfriends, and they usually get the niscest guys out ofe everyone because they not only love their body but personality as well. so i feel sorry for anyone who dates you, you sound like a real asshole

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im with pinkblinkbarbie all the way....you are a total asshole berry and we haven't even met you

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
it makes me wonder what all you people class as fat and big and large and stuff.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
back to ash tho..

with relationships.. dun worri.. they are weird in that ppl in them want to get out.. and ppl not in them want to get in..
they come when u least expect it.. make friends .. lots of them .. ull find that a person u meet will be interesting and nice and caring enuf to be happy with..

meh ure never too old to start getin experience:)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
This may come off as sounding like a whinge or a vent, but I'm just wondering is anyone can relate to my situation.... and it's also a bit of self reflection really....

I've never been in a relationship before.... not that it bothers me because I have never really been looking for one.... but I'm at the stage of my life where I would be interested in having a relationship with the right person....

In the "Never Been Kissed" thread everyone was saying to be confident.... and I am confident in my personality, brain etc.... everything except my looks. I am larger sized and while I try and just be happy with who I am and rarely ever have "boo hoo I am so fat" moments, sometimes it seems like it will never be possible for me to find the right guy because my physical appearance possibly turns guys off.... it just seems like guys around my age are primarily focused on physical features....

I also feel totally clueless when it comes to relationships and I feel kinda old (19) to have absolutely no clue lol... also I fall under that category of "never been kissed" and I feel so clueless about it all....

Anyone else in a similar situation? Any advice? Am I relatively old to be clueless about relationships? And is physical attraction of a huge importance to most guys around my age?

I think guys in our age groups are fuckwits who dont know what they are want, so you are probably blessed but don't realise it

MoNNiE

HSC
indeed

there are alot of decent guys out there that don't judge you by your looks and will still go out with you..
you shouldn't give up hope..! looks should be the least of your problems..your not the only one in that boat..

funni... for some reason these past few weeks alot of my friends seem to be getting boyfriends/girlfirneds.. haix.. its making me re assess whether i want to be single..or not! ==''
--
anyways!
don't tear yourself down because of your own looks.. i'm sure there is a dude out there that would be interested in you! he could be just shy :)

jasonchoi

im a guy and ill say that most guys nowadays are looking for the look factor..

but just wait a while and u will meet someone who sees through that.. sounds corny but there are those guys out there

patience! hehe

braindrainedAsh said:

^___^
HSC
i dunno..
i'm not into a look factor at all, cos theres this really hot chick in uni and like i almost "had my hand on her" but it just that inside it didn't click for me(not saying i am frigid, just that the internal factor was in the way) and i just end up single(like before :p )

atm i really like this girl(not for physical appearance) but because she was there when i was really down..and like this time its the internal factors

so wat i'm trying to say is..looks maybe important, but if you don't think he/she is the right person for you, then don't force it, cos in the end, both of you will be hurt

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
"boo hoo I am so fat" moments
Thats crap. This might be harsh, but go on a diet or something. Your body can be changed.

braindrainedAsh said:
it just seems like guys around my age are primarily focused on physical features....
Correct. But, you can just prey on ugly guys with self consious issues.

braindrainedAsh said:
Go pull some guy who you can practice on and then dump.

In conclusion, personality is the most attractive thing about a girl. The hot girl will be the first person your eyes pick out of a crowd, but the ones with nice personalites are the ones you will want to be with.

twisted_sista00

OMG! custom status!
HSC
natstar said:
Yeha ive seen some larger girls and they have really really hot bf's.
thats rather hypocritical.....shouldnt it work both ways?? youre judging a guy's elegibility or value on his looks..."larger girls" getting "hot guys" but its wrong for guys to discriminate against larger/ugly girls.

ppl need to think both ways
everything works both ways

youve all been saying that personality is wat counts, above all.

twisted_sista00

OMG! custom status!
HSC
natstar said:
Why do u always target my posts? Pinkballarinabarbie observed the same thing.
How am i being hypocritical? Im only stating a fact and its a pretty observed fact that slimmer girls have really realy hot bf's too. Im not a large girl but yes i do have a hot bf...lol, and if u read my earlier post u would see my overall opinion.
sorry, not intentionally targetting your post, heaps of people have said stuff along the same lines, just u were most recent that had said it. sorry for pickin on u

i think hypocritical is the wrong word prob...

just that people seem to be judging a guys value as a bf by their looks, but saying its taboo to judge a chick by her weight or looks OR that personality is the first thing that should be considered

twisted_sista00

OMG! custom status!
HSC
natstar said:
I know. Its very wrong to judge someone by their looks as in the end looks are nothing and personality is everything. When i first met my bf, I was attracte to his personality over his looks. Sure he's a real spunk and everything lol but he's the most respectful and caring guy ive prolly ever met. There should be more people like that around, instead of beng superficial and judging people by their looks. Its very silly, especially at our age.
oh god. the dawning of a new era. i agree with natstar

*runs to corner to bash head against wall*

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
twisted_sista00 said:
yay this thread gets my post count up!! YAYAY!!!!
thanks for informing us, that post shouldnt even be counted.

i went on a blind date with my boyfriend cause i met him through friends but had been talking to him on the phone for a week and we decided to go to the movies together without a clue of what eachother looked like. i loved his personality when we talked on the phone, he was funny, smart, caring etc, and i was drawn to that, and when i met him for our date i was blown away by his looks, he is really gorgeous, but before i met him, i knew that whether he was ugly or hot, our elationship had potential, he was genuine and so were my feelings for him. so i can honestly say that looks were just a bonus in my situation.
i dont think its being hypocritival saying large girls get hot guys...i wasnt judging on looks, its just describing the situation, and giving the example that its not just looks that relaitonships are based on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)