Can anyone explain this to me? (1 Viewer)

aud

HSC
Can someone please explain this one scenario to me before I go mad trying to work it out? For Textiles&Design, my marks go something like this
Exam Mark - 82
Assessment Mark - 88
HSC Mark - 85

Now I know the HSC Mark is just the average... but I'm wondering where the other two came from... I came first in my class, got like 98.5/100 internally, and the rest of the class was fairly spread out... but I don't know... someone please tell me anything? I'll give you a smile :D

mattyg87

HSC
well because you came first in the course, this means that your assessment mark will be the highest exam mark from students at your school...so for example, say some other student got a 74 which was the highest exam mark from your school, the student placed 1st in the course, will have a moderated assessment mark of 74, and then there aligned exam mark....i think this is what happens

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yes, mattyg87 is right.

Because you're ranked first, your moderated assessment mark (88/100) is guaranteed to be the highest exam mark from your class. So someone in your class scored 88 as their exam mark. And you scored 82 as yours.

The raw mark (98.5/100) is just used to demonstrate your position relative to the rest of the class.

sweetgurl

confuSed...

i dont get it.. eg. if u came like 4th right in assessment ranking but u got the highest exam mark from ur skewl.. does dat mean ur exam mark goes to the person who came 1st in that subject?

dat aint fair.. =\

Plebeian

It does go to that person for their assessment mark (50% of the total HSC mark), but you also keep it for YOUR exam mark (also worth 50% of the total).

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
sweetgurl said:
i dont get it.. eg. if u came like 4th right in assessment ranking but u got the highest exam mark from ur skewl.. does dat mean ur exam mark goes to the person who came 1st in that subject?

dat aint fair.. =\
Yes it is. They beat you in school. It's not all about the HSC exam you know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)