Can anyone advise me please? (1 Viewer)

annieclassof06

just.... shiny!
HSC
Hi, ive just started yr 11 with 14 units.

English Adv
Agriculture
Physics
Legal Studies
Maths 2U
Software Design and Development
and
IPT by distance education.

I wish to become a computer studies teacher by doing a bachelor of computer science and then transfering to a Dip.Ed. in IT.

Do you think I have made the right descisions?
And is Distance Education the way to go or ......... should I just drop it? I really love computers though you see.

B35tY

HSC
i don't really see the point of agriculture if ur a computer kinda person...

anyway, i always thought 14 units was too many.

it doesn't really matter what courses you do, they won't be necessary for your uni courses if you get there.

it's probably better to do what you enjoy. So i'd stick with ur IPT and SDD. Just make sure you aren't spreading yourself too thinly with that many units.

7minute

HSC
14 units in Year 11 involves a lot of effort. Speaking from personal experience, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, it means that you have to do more work than your classmates in less time. I did 14 units in Year 11 and I think it's part of the reason why I didn't enjoy that particular year in school. Dropping back to 11 units in Year 12 I was much, much happier, despite it being HSC year.

annieclassof06

just.... shiny!
HSC
thanks heaps for your help i think i will continue with 14u's but i live very close to school so I have lots of time after school to study/catchup/do more

Pocket-Sized

HSC
Just wondering but what is this "distance education"? Is it like the Open Highschool?

Skeeta

HSC
Dont short yourself. In order to get a good UAI you only need 10 units. The other 4 in the long run would end up a waste of time.

Your marks will be higher if you drop to 12 or 10 units because you will have more time to study these closely therefore gain higher marks.

Do what you wish but dont stress yourself over 14 when you can do 10 or 12

teneale99

HSC
hey i think your insaine to be honest i just went into yr 12 and i only did 12 units in yr 11 (one was under the line comupting applications). i do 11 now and i even have trouble keeping up with everything. ur in yr 11 and doing 14!! ur crazi lol...serious u should drop one subject id say ag as that has nuttin to do with wat u want 2 do at uni...so u can focus on ur other subjects n do well in them

elisabeth

HSC
Pocket-Sized said:
Just wondering but what is this "distance education"? Is it like the Open Highschool?
Yep.

I do German cont. + ext. by Open High School - if I didn't like it so much, I wouldn't want to learn it that way. So I have to work a little harder, big deal. It's worth it because it's a subject I enjoy, and that motivates me, even when I'm not being supervised and have to get on with it myself. If you're really interested in the subject, you can make it work too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)