Cambridge year 11 3u mathematics (1 Viewer)

plutonium-238

HSC
I have a 3 unit mathematics Cambridge textbook and have looked at the questions. The 'Extension' set questions are very difficult and I have no idea how to solve them. Can anyone please give me the pdf copy of solutions for the 3u Cambridge book?

bottleofyarn

HSC
I haven't run into any worked solutions other than those people have physically written in their books. Extension questions are often above the HSC course but are great especially if you have a healthy interest in math. There are people here who would be more than willing to help out with questions though.

plutonium-238

HSC
Can you do many of the 3u cambridge extension section questions? If you have the ability to, can I ask you some of the questions?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I have a 3 unit mathematics Cambridge textbook and have looked at the questions. The 'Extension' set questions are very difficult and I have no idea how to solve them. Can anyone please give me the pdf copy of solutions for the 3u Cambridge book?
The extension questions are designed for people who are interested in doing extension 2 (and probably beyond)
They're extremely rigourous and are based on quite abstract ideas. I have a few worked solutions (although messy and almost unreadable) for some questions (we only get assigned a couple in a week or so), so it depends on the questions you want.

But tbh, don't worry too much about it. They won't ask anything as hard as the extension questions in exams because they take too much time and are way too hard.

plutonium-238

HSC
Thanks for the advice. What if you know how to do most of the foundation-development questions for 3u Cambridge, is it good enough to do extension 2?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Thanks for the advice. What if you know how to do most of the foundation-development questions for 3u Cambridge, is it good enough to do extension 2?
That's usually sufficient for mx1, mx2 explores more abstract ideas (from what I am experiencing right now) so in a way, yes it is good enough, but look at doing more questions similar to the standard of MX2 (eg terry lee)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
If you can do the development questions you are well prepared for extension 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)