Calling in sick to work (1 Viewer)

Kiim2507

HSC
Ok I'm like the biggest wuss so I never call in sick except my stomach is really hurting and I'm working almost a full day tomorrow

What should I say to my manager? I never called in sick before. I think it's fair enough I'm giving a decent amount of notice?

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
Ok I'm like the biggest wuss so I never call in sick except my stomach is really hurting and I'm working almost a full day tomorrow

What should I say to my manager? I never called in sick before. I think it's fair enough I'm giving a decent amount of notice?

omg woman. your a chick! easy. period pains haha.
but obviously you wouldnt really say that.
just say you're sick and wont be coming in today sorry. hang up

Kiim2507

HSC
Omg wtf is wrong with my work I have to call up people and if I can't replace it I have to call my restaurant manager even though shes not even working. Why is it everytime I try do the right thing by telling them in advance they always put it on me to try replace the shift when other people call 30mins before their shift starts and the managers have to do it for them. :evilfire:

bio_nut

HSC
Omg wtf is wrong with my work I have to call up people and if I can't replace it I have to call my restaurant manager even though shes not even working. Why is it everytime I try do the right thing by telling them in advance they always put it on me to try replace the shift when other people call 30mins before their shift starts and the managers have to do it for them. :evilfire:
At the places I've worked you have to find someone to replace you unless you're calling at the last minute really sick. It's your responsibility if you know in advance you're not coming in.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I always try and find my replacement too because my boss is always running around doing things and will likely forget and have no one show up haha. You work with food hey, Kiim? Don't feel guilty about calling in sick, I wouldn't want a sick person around a customers food. Get well :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
See this is why I like being casual. If I can't work/am sick I can call in at like 8:30 that morning and be like yo not coming in and it's all good. They appreciate more notice but you know, I could do that if I had to. Never have to organise replacements either. I usually don't call in sick unless I'm actually dying though because I like my job and I always seem to need the money.

Totally don't wanna go in tomorrow lol I'm sooo tired. Getting up at 5:30 and getting home at 7:30 every day takes it out of you a bit. Will go though. Cashmonies for Christmas :)

Kiim2507

HSC
At the places I've worked you have to find someone to replace you unless you're calling at the last minute really sick. It's your responsibility if you know in advance you're not coming in.
I only knew today cos I only started feeling sick this arvo. Next time I'm not going to bother giving notice I'm just gonna call up half an hour before my shift.

Kiim2507

HSC
Yeah, I always try and find my replacement too because my boss is always running around doing things and will likely forget and have no one show up haha. You work with food hey, Kiim? Don't feel guilty about calling in sick, I wouldn't want a sick person around a customers food. Get well :)
If I couldn't work it for some other reason I'll find someone but I don't think I should have to do it for being sick esp cos when you call up workers 99% of the time they say no.

Haha yeah exactly plus I was cook tomorrow so do they really want me infecting all the food.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I went through this crap at McDonalds when I attempted to call in ill.. In the end I felt that sick, when you feel like its going to take months to recover, and they still expected my mother to replace the shift after I gave her a shot at it when the new lot of managers came that evening.

I didn't call in sick ONCE for the 2yrs I was working there, and once I did a no-show, that was it for me. Was going to quit later that month but did it when I felt better and told them to get stuffed. And They even asked for my newer shirts back that I payed for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)