• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Calling all year 10's..a year 11er here! (1 Viewer)

sexysarah2003

Hey all!

Ok you might not think that year 10 isn't a big deal, especially if you are going onto year 11, but l tell you what it IS a big deal. Its like a training for the HSC.

I got band 3 for maths
band 5 for science
band 4 for technical drawing
band 4 for english
band 4 for drama
band 4 for history
band 3 for geography

I studied really really really hard for all of them. The maths one was unexpected and l thought l got a higher mark than l did. But now l am the highest in my grade in general maths.

Remember if you are doing advanced maths, do 2 U or 3 U next year.

if your in intermediate, do general.

If your in standard, my teachers don't recommend that you do maths at all, but if you really want to then give general maths a shot ^_^

Giant Lobster

HSC
omg dont listen to her. yr 10 is not important at all. use this time wisely and have fun ffs!

right now im in yr 11 and i can tell ya, its gonna get alot worse so i say again... have fun!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
No! it is NOT time to have fun! It is time to forge good study habits and get into the habit of working hard, cos itll be harder to adjust in year 11

Rory

HSC
I agree with babydoll_ , yr10 is a good time to start steady study regimes (lol go the alliteration) lol I've never been big on studying and now I'm in home schooling so my motivation is way low because I've never really been into a study thing, so now Im kind of screwed, so I suggest yr10's concentrate on motivating and disciplining themselves to get ready for year11, or most importantly, yr12!

Giant Lobster

HSC
bah accelerant.

the only advantage of knowing ur shit in yr 10 is accelerating imo :p

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
dont study for ur sc it means shit unelss ur going to work...

i didn study at all... maths english science -89 89 89 (dissapointing coz i thought i'd get abnd 6 for all of them)

history geo - band 4 (didnt even touch the book)

unless ur doin history or geo next year then dont waste ur time studying for something which means absolutely nothing

Leap

free falling
HSC
The SC doesn't mean a thing!
Don't stress in year 10! Its not worth it! Life is too short!
I studied the night before and got
Band 6 in English
Band 5 in Science
Band 4 In Maths

HSC
you guys are so brave attackling the sc without giving a damn about it. even though i know it ain't a big deal 4 u it is at my school since it stops at yr 10 instead of yr 12. (most of us go to a senior school from yr 11 to 12)
the sc is a highly stressed for i don't know why and everyone gets stressed for the huge assessments. also the marks u get on da sc reflects on the subject selection so if you stink on the maths, science and english work by the end of the 1st semester, you can't go into subjects like advanced english, 3u maths, chemistry and physics even if you really wanted to do it so much. yeah i don't know about how your schools react to the SC but as you can c my school is really sh**ty

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Tenille
you don't you get a good, excellent, satisfactory etc.
thats for the class marks isnt it?

Leap

free falling
HSC
even though i know it ain't a big deal 4 u it is at my school since it stops at yr 10 instead of yr 12
Yeah I went to a school that only went for years 7-10 too - so I know exactly what you mean, when I was in year 10 they made the biggest deal about the SC, luckily I didn't get sucked in by it.
In my experience, the SC was basically general knowledge - and much easier than the trial SC that my school set. :rolleyes:

tazzy

HSC
u don't need to study for sc ...
just do practice papers to get the feel of it
thats all

i mean i didnt study much for sc and i did fine all 5s

Giant Lobster

HSC
bah
the sc is overrated
no study at all. did 1 practise paper in class the week b4 exams as part of a class exercise.
came out with 5 6 6 4 4
considering i spent 1.5 hrs in geog + hist, leaving 1.5 hrs of sleep time.

actually studying stuff for sc can actually worsen ur situation if u think about it. especially for stuff like math, if ur doing advanced math. i remember in yr 10 i was learning logs, polynomials and differential calculus. i studied them for the yearlies. fort they mite be useful in the sc so i kinda studied em again. i ended up half lost cos all the stuff they ask u is so general and applicable to real life i wasnt use to the basics and did some silly addition errors. "forgot to carry the one" type errors. lol
so ppl, dont bother studying. its non applicable shit, especially if ur selective.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster

actually studying stuff for sc can actually worsen ur situation if u think about it. especially for stuff like math, if ur doing advanced math. i remember in yr 10 i was learning logs, polynomials and differential calculus..
omg why were u doing that for the sc? i ddint do that until like the end of the year 11 prelim course :| for 3 unit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)