Calling all university students! (1 Viewer)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Hay Laz ~~~ ur a champ

I wanna see past exams ~~ exam solution / sample essay answers

Sample assignment type essays for all courses with essays

General notes on all courses would also be appricated!!

santaslayer

HSC
This might sound too far away, but brief notes about undergraduate studies and beyond would be interesting if feasible. Eg. Graduate/Postgraduate study etc., different array of post graduate courses available from all unis.??

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
der should be a general thing for each course
such as der would be a business sectoin where all uni business related notes would be put up. so that people doing business from any uni can look at and benefit in say assignments and exams or such..

and den another sectoin would be science etc etc

or you could make all different sections of unis..

and have people from each uni submit to you past papers..
and post it all up

peace^^

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by tactic
we'd try to keep the hsc/uni parts sort of seperate
yeah that's good, you'll get less confusion

Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
The notes sound good.... I think that dividing them up by general subject area is a good idea because even if there are no notes from your specific uni/subject, some things taught at other unis in similar subjects could still be helpful and relevant for you.
Originally posted by Raiks
I can see everyone is looking for notes for each course, but that'd be nearly impossible because each uni has it's own content which means that exam papers and notes from one uni is nearly worthless at another. It's not like the HSC where there is common content which can be shared.
yeah those are the 2 sides, i agree with the 2nd as i have said before, with certain sections for each e.g. mac / stat107, stat171 etc. i would find the first more confusing, but i know a lot of people disagree.

maybe something also on choosing a course and a uni, the advantages and disadvantes of certain subjects, what to expect - which are hard and which are easy, how students delt with them, (i had someone telling me today it can get hard in a few years and a lot of people give up but not to etc. with specific examples, very helpful)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
i'm not saying it's a bad idea, but it would be quite difficult to do subject notes because each uni's subject is completely different from the next uni's subject, e.g first year maths or something in unsw would be diff to usyd's maths. and subjects change every 1 or 2 years anyway

i think it would be more worthwhile to put up resources and web addresses for general subject areas rather than specific subject notes
johnson knows where it's at

i'd be happy to provide whatever links/resources etc i can for communications @ UTS, tho im sure you already have your own sources laz! ;)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Also, what about academic writing guides like the UTS Bell Program..... stuff about referencing/essay writing etc.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I think (as someone above mentioned) it's also important to have resources for things other than study - how the lifestyle changes, how to make time for things and where to spend your money (or more importantly, where NOT to).

These are the little things that I keep getting questions about.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
great idea..
if u had a dedicated forum for big subjects it will get rid of things lik the uni maths questions in ME2..
and it would be easier to see wat resources are needed..
tho med is thought differently across the nation.. :(

Leap

free falling
HSC
It would be really good if you had notes or past assignments for different subjects. For subjects like Sociology that would work well, because lots of people do that and even if they do different topics, having extra notes could still help when writing essays and stuff.
Maybe if you used really broad headings to organise the notes under. Like you could have a section for 'Health Science' notes and that section could include notes/assignments that people have submitted from a whole range of degrees, like physiotherapy, OT, orthoptics etc. Obviously I'd like that because I'm doing health science :p
And if you do have lots of uni notes and past exam papers
please do not group them according to those subject code thingys, e.g ECON1102 because some campuses use different codes and its frustrating trying to figure out what the right code is.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Ways to communicate to lecturers the difference between a colon and semicolon when listing items! :D!

I'd say notes would be interesting to be put up. People are dismissing it saying that other uni's notes are different. What about if the notes and such were put up for students at that same uni studying that same subject.

So I'd definately like to see notes put up. Also, textbooks in ebook form would be nice. ;)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Sounds like a good idea. I could probably provide some notes if I go hunting for them, hehe.

liz

HSC
I know for some subjects such as Maths the syallabus may vary across unis.

But for other courses such as Education (which i'm doing) most content is very similar and all notes from uni students and essays would be fantastic, as its mostly a research degree, meaning all research helps. So I would love to see some education notes up.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I guess to overcome the differences in course content from different uni's is to group subjects into main subject groups such as, for example:

Financial Accounting
Social Psychology
Criminal Law
Algebra
Biochemistry
etc etc

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well people could upload stuff for specific subjects at a specific uni then. That way you overcome different course content factor. I mean with over 22k members already on BOS, I'm sure half of them are at least in uni now and some of them would be willing to provide notes for different subjects at different, and it'll grow just like the HSC notes =).

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well OF COURSE the content of identical subjects varies from university to university. Because of this, we shouldn't just have one big maths section where everyone from all unis refer to etc. but instead have individual subjects available at each uni in their respective uni forums. Eg. The notes section for chemistry USYD would be within the confines of the USYD forum.

University students could post links to the respective resources sites for the subjects their doing. For example, I currently do MATH1901, MATH1902, PHYS1001, CHEM1101 and BIOL1001 in USYD, hence I will donate the links for the resources sites for those respective subjects to be placed within these forums for everyone else who may also do these subjects.

kaseita

this thread reminded me of all the advertising for uninotes.com.au being done at unsw (not sure about other unis)

except that one's dumb cause u need to upload something in order to become a member and get the actual notes (i wonder what would happen if i uploaded a blank document?)

the system here would work better i believe.

a section that gives a description of the different courses (and opinions of them) at uni (and maybe subjects) mentioned earlier is a good idea - it'd definitely be useful.

Tia

Syd Mem
HSC
N/A
I need n e thing!!! Just follow the similar format you have dun wif the Year 12 thing. I mean, everyone here i believe really appreciates it.

Tia

Syd Mem
HSC
N/A
Like right now, im bloody doing my economics notes. There, the first thing you can post up. hahahah

And JKD - that's a funny pic ur got goin on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)