calling all students who have gone on exchange! (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
so they rang me to come in for the interview for mexico on Tuesday 3pm, straight after my psy235 exam.

What should I expect!?
what questions do they ask you??
What should i wear??!?

Eeeerk help! I hope i don't seem over enthusiastic??... should i bring in my 5 books on Mexico and my spanish learning language kit and my bank statement to say how much i've saved up so far for it?

Omg im sooooo ready for it!

X

xeuyrawp

Can I again say that I think it's awesome that you're going to somewhere cool like Mexico? I'm so jealous... I want to go to Germany, but Macquarie isn't partners with the three unis that I'd want to go to!

X

xeuyrawp

Cyan_phoeniX said:
i want to go to oxford. I don't exactly know why.
So you can say you went to Oxford? Or so that you can run around all day in academic dress? <3 academic dress...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
PwarYuex said:
So you can say you went to Oxford? Or so that you can run around all day in academic dress? <3 academic dress...
i want to go to mexico so i can run around in a sombrero :)

and thanx pwar ... :) that makes me feel intellectual and cultured lol but one of my main reasons for wanting to go is because i want to walk on the beaches of the carribean in a sorong and travel afterwards lol, my main thing is travelling south/central/north america and drinking all the cheap tequilla (my drink of choice)after classes... meeting people in mexico that want to do the same thing :d yay for travelling!

and you can still do it pwar goto germany but i don't think you get a grant.

X

xeuyrawp

clairegirl said:
i want to go to mexico so i can run around in a sombrero :)
hahah, that's like me wanting to go to Egypt so I can wear a white scarf. :)

and you can still do it pwar goto germany but i don't think you get a grant.
Yeah I have no idea what's happening with that... I really should investigate it.

I expect lots of photos on your return!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
PwarYuex said:
on her return? sif not have a photo thread :p (j/k you'll be way too busy / having too much fun)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
PwarYuex said:
hahah, that's like me wanting to go to Egypt so I can wear a white scarf. :)

Yeah I have no idea what's happening with that... I really should investigate it.

expect a lot of photos while im still there! lol

i'll still have access to the net :)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
do those 5 books include the one i gave you? if yes, then yep, take it with you =D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
of course! i got told it takes 10 or was it 15 hours of flying :\ i'll read them then if not before then ! lol

frazzle

HSC
Oh that's exciting! Good luck with the interview, but it sounds like you're very prepared for it, so the interview should go smoothly for you!

How does a grant work? Did you get one?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
So i can say that I went to Oxford AND walk around in an academic dress.

Just wondering, do you think that many people from oxford are exchange students? Because i sort of wouldn't get the point of that really :/

X

xeuyrawp

Cyan_phoeniX said:
So i can say that I went to Oxford AND walk around in an academic dress.
You know that they constantly wear them? About half of the colleges have weekly dinners where you have to wear them. How cool is that?!

Just wondering, do you think that many people from oxford are exchange students? Because i sort of wouldn't get the point of that really :/
What do you mean from Oxford? As in Oxonian residents who goes to uni elsewhere?

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
clairegirl said:
so they rang me to come in for the interview for mexico on Tuesday 3pm, straight after my psy235 exam.

What should I expect!?
what questions do they ask you??
What should i wear??!?

Eeeerk help! I hope i don't seem over enthusiastic??... should i bring in my 5 books on Mexico and my spanish learning language kit and my bank statement to say how much i've saved up so far for it?

Omg im sooooo ready for it!
I'm going to Japan nxt yr on exchange, so i had my interview earlier this mth.

The interview was just 'a friendly chat' as they described it. They ask really basic questions; Eg. Why do u wanna go on exchange? How will u finance ur trip? etc etc. The interview was meant to go for 15mins, but because they were running late that day, it only ended up being abt 6-7mins.

Wear whatever u want, it doesnt really matter & u dont need to bring anything either lol. When u get an interview, it pretty much means u've been accepted into the exchange program already. The only way u'll get rejected is if u turn up and say i'm goin o/s to 'pick up' or whatever else they deem inappropriate lol

X

xeuyrawp

AcStyle* said:
The only way u'll get rejected is if u turn up and say i'm goin o/s to 'pick up' or whatever else they deem inappropriate
Uhhuh... *is taking notes* :eek:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
AcStyle* said:
I'm going to Japan nxt yr on exchange, so i had my interview earlier this mth.

The interview was just 'a friendly chat' as they described it. They ask really basic questions; Eg. Why do u wanna go on exchange? How will u finance ur trip? etc etc. The interview was meant to go for 15mins, but because they were running late that day, it only ended up being abt 6-7mins.

Wear whatever u want, it doesnt really matter & u dont need to bring anything either lol. When u get an interview, it pretty much means u've been accepted into the exchange program already. The only way u'll get rejected is if u turn up and say i'm goin o/s to 'pick up' or whatever else they deem inappropriate lol
lol my friend told me that too... she goes "listen just be all cliche about the whole thing i mean even though in reality, u just want to drink tequilla in peru and want to do the whole backpacking thing, make sure u say stuff like "i want to go on exchange because it'll be very interesting to study a subject through a different cultural perspective" instead of "i want to party every night and take advantage of the pass/fail system and it not affecting my GPA" lol

Oh and guys, what if u have a boyfriend here, would you guys break it off with them while ur off traipezing (sp?) around the world? what if they said they're willing to wait for you? would you still break it off with them? :\ I mean you'll be gone 6.5-7 months!

You really like the guy but ur definately not changing your plans for this one person, since u've only just met them a month ago but it looks like it could eventuate into a long term relationship? Break it off with them now?later?or don't plan on it?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
frazzle said:
Oh that's exciting! Good luck with the interview, but it sounds like you're very prepared for it, so the interview should go smoothly for you!

How does a grant work? Did you get one?
Macq gives 4k for ppl wanting to goto mexico and the govt UMAP grants (don't ask me what it stands for) give u another 4k on top of the 4k macquarie gives u giving u a grand total of 8k!! :D:D:D

plus the 4k i've already saved up but i intend to save up another 5k by the end of the year... so thats 17k i'll have for 7 months :d

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)