Calling all programmers, designers, engineers, etc. (1 Viewer)

Callistogenic

HSC
If the ANU could put its name and expertise behind major project(s), would students be willing to give their time and advice for free to help design solutions? Next year (assuming I get the transfer) I am going to start a BMedSci and have been working over some ideas during the time I was on leave.

They consist of:
- A major patient database/management system, including everything from pathology results, 2D-matrix style barcode implementation, tracking, internal logistics, patient movement, etc. (Many, many more uses that aren't listed.)

- A topical solution when placed on the skin transfers information to the user.

- A slave-style computer arrangement (maybe using the above technology) to assist the user. (This computer will be wearable.)

I know that with the last two I sound like a mad scientist, but if these ideas haven't been though of before, why not give them a shot?

Constructive comments and criticism only, please!

timmyh

HSC
Mate, are u serious?
there are so many problems with that its not funny... the amount of funding u would need is ridiculous, as is your proposal. Sorry dude, your heart may be in the right place, but this just makes no sense at all. undergrad students working for free on high level biotechnology projects that the experts in the field would struggle with. What did u seriously think the response to your idea would be?

Callistogenic

HSC
Of course it's ridiculous, but that's the point. The projects might not get completed in my lifetime, but I hope the research created will allow someone to build what I initially envisaged.

Besides, the ideal order of completion would be 1, 3, 2 in that order.

Last edited:

timmyh

HSC
What? in your 1st post you said "these ideas haven't been though of before"
now you're saying "the research has been done"
What exactly are you trying to say......?

Callistogenic

HSC
timmyh said:
What? in your 1st post you said "these ideas haven't been though of before"
now you're saying "the research has been done"
What exactly are you trying to say......?
Sorry, my bad.

What I meant to say was 'the projects might not get completed in my lifetime, but I hope the research created will allow someone to build what I initially envisaged.'

Callistogenic

HSC
Testpilot said:
Wouldn't there be privacy issues with the database?
I'm working on that. What about a proximity card system to unlock particular records?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)