Call For Resources (1 Viewer)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Okay '04ers,

As you know, the resources section of the Drama course is really quite empty. So, I propose we fill it up for the assistance of future generations! Now, the drama course we just completed will only be in action next year where it is to be replaced! So any notes for this years work should be submitted now so that future groups can use them as complete notes.

However, the changes to the syllabus are not completly different and notes on the following topics and or plays are very much appreciated. You guys are likely to have done some of these, help the '06ers!

The following topics:

Brecht
Irish Drama
American Drama

The following plays:

Australian Plays

- Jack Davis, No Sugar.
- Ray Lawler, Summer of The Seventeenth Doll.
- Deborah Mailman and Wesly Enoch, The Seven Stages of Grieving

Tragedy

- Euripidies, Women of Troy (This was on the list for submitted IPs)

Approaches to Acting

Anything from the Meyerhold topic, and if studied, Stanislavsky

IP Text list

- Suzanne Spunner - Running Up A Dress.

These notes are to be submitted through the notes submission on the front page. Please give back to the BoS community, thats the only way that it will survive!

If you have studied a wide variety of texts externally, please view the proposed syllabus and submit texts that are on the list.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/drama_stg6_cpres_200608.doc

Thankyou,

Bill

Last edited:
V

val_dramaqueen

sure thing!! hmmm.. where do i start??

*starts to "dig" through drama notes to find stuff on Stanislavski*

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
OMG! Contemporary Aussie Theatre list...

RUBY MOON! That is the raddest play. Saw it this year when it went on its tour. It's a VCE Individual Performance text...(cause Victorians have a set list of Monologues they have to choose from...yep, and we thought we had it bad...:( )

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
'04ers!

A Project I wanna do for future years...

IP's never change, so can we put together a "2004 HSC Drama Students - Guide to the IP"? Everyone just do one A4 Page in word about your IP, just clearly state what it was, and your text...

then stuff like: Choose this if...

Don't choose this if...

I enjoyed most...

I enjoyed least...

I would do differently...

I would make sure I'd do the same...

don't base it ON that, be creative, but if you guys can get that together and email it to me, we've got at least one person doing every IP, and like I said, we've been really helpful with the 05's, but who is to say that after we go the forum will remain as active as it once was... Lets let our legacy live on... AND SUBMIT YOUR NOTES! :p

Thanks guys!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
yey! well done bill.

it shall be in your inbox early next week,

I've gotta search through my notes coz i don't think i have anything of use for the new Hsc'ers....except for "approaches to acting" maybe.

:)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
aLeeOh! said:
i feel cheated... once again......
Theories in acting, compare and contrast two theoretitians... Just Meyerhold VS Stanislavsky! How much better would that have been! and they picked new texts now that are actually in print!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)