Cafs question... (1 Viewer)

caitlinmackay93

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I have this cafs question that I need help on..

Groups with specific needs are considered unique entities, why?

feel free to post your thoughts about this question... :)

cpwincess19

HSC
I guess because not everyone's the same .
As studied in the cafs course , we know that there are various 'groups in context' .
These include - the 11 groups e.g. homeless , disabled , youth , families in crisis , cultural groups , rural families , soul parent , socioeconomically disadvantaged , gay and lesbian , aged and the chronically ill .

Each individual under these categories require ultimately varied needs . For example the aged require more so healthcare than anything else because of their deteriorating outcomes , whilst youth need to find their 'sense of identity' and develop a 'positive self esteem' as these are the crucial stages of growth in an individuals life . Hence they are all considered to be unique entities . Not only that , but lets say for example the chronically ill - there are various degrees & conditions which make the chronically ill who they are - if that makes sense lol - for example not every chronically ill person (long term problem) is going to suffer from exactly the same illness . One might suffer from heart conditions , whilst the other may suffer from arthritis .

Hope I helped , and I hope this makes sense ! :) Ahhh studying for the trials tomorrow is so stressful -.-
Are you doing practise questions for tomorrows cafs paper ?

caitlinmackay93

HSC
N/A
@cpwincess19: thanks! yeah i am :S i left it till the last minute which is really bad but im just trying to cram in the important stuff :)

@Kat92: thanks heaps!

cpwincess19

HSC
Hey guys :) awww yay thank god i'm correct cos i was't 100 % lol BUT man i'm cramming everything in too :(
It's making me so stressed out , especially because i have my food tech exam tomorrow morning too ... which means i only get a 20 minute break between both exams to cram cram cram more !
Awww thankyou Kat92 - I definately 100% need all the luck I can get! :)
&
caitlinmackay93 - I know you'll do well if you i guess just cram in stuff like me :|

smartalec

HSC
you could also talk about characteristics that make each group unique. i think. kat may need to clarify this! haha good luck girls! freaking out as well!

Kat92

HSC
you could also talk about characteristics that make each group unique. i think. kat may need to clarify this! haha good luck girls! freaking out as well!
Just to clarify this, the syllabus is the key and is the best way to define what you specifically need to do:

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.a...community-family-studies-st6-syl-from2010.pdf

If they haven't been removed, there was some reasonable ones in the resources section; however I think from memory they required slight improvement.

As long as you know your syllabus and have made notes from those dot points you will quite often be able to give a detailed answer. It also pays to know some current issues affecting the groups as it can greatly enhance your answers.

If you can get a hold of the Excel, Heinemann or Leading Edge books, it was detailed very well in these textbooks.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)