CAFS Half Yearly revision (1 Viewer)

Randomandy

HSC
Hey guys, my teacher handed out some revision questions, and I thought I'd share them. They're optional, of course, but most of them are the kind of things they'd be asking in the exam, I think. Anyway, take a look at them and revise/answer if you like, they might help for your exam. Here they are:

• List the steps involved in conducting research
  • Describe five research methodologies
  • Outline the advantages and disadvantages of the five research methodologies mentioned
  • Why are case studies always used in conjunction with other research methods?
  • Why are ethical guidelines necessary in research?
  • Name four sources of data. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of using each source of data.
  • What is informed consent?
  • Groups with specific needs are considered a unique entity. Why?
  • List the seven factors affecting a group’s access to resources.
  • The specific groups studied all have the same class of needs. List all nine classes of needs.
  • Prioritise the needs of a specific group. E.G Youth (list from the most important need to the least important need.)
  • Explain why some groups in the community do not have equitable access to resources. Provide an example of a specific group.
  • Why is it necessary for individuals to have a positive attitude in order to maintain well being?
  • What management strategies could assist an individual to ensure well being?
  • Describe local, state and federal government policies and regulations that address equity issues for a specific group.
  • How can societal structures assist with meeting the needs of a specific group? E.g. playgroup, adopt a grandparent scheme, respite care…
  • How can modifications to the social environment facilitate a specific group’s needs? E.g. community gardens
  • Conflict may arise between a group and the community. E.g. youth alcoholism in rural areas. Describe how a group and a community may resolve a problem/conflict.
  • When conflict arises, what governing bodies are available to assist with conflict resolution?
  • Using a specific group as an example, list the rights, responsibilities and attitudes of this group to the wider community. E.g. generally how do the ages view the wider community?
  • What contributes to the well being of any individual?
  • Why do people become parents?
  • Describe the ten methods people may use to become parents.
  • Name and describe the four areas of change that a parent or carer experiences when preparing to parent.
  • Describe two legal implications for IVF, Adoption and Surrogacy.
  • Explain the social implications of social parenting and IVF.
  • What factors influence parenting and caring?
  • Describe two unplanned circumstances in which individuals may become parents.
  • What are the implications of these unplanned circumstances?
  • In Australia, 70% of primary carers are female. Give reasons for why this is so.
Good luck with your exams, guys.

misspeta

HSC
So far.. i cant finddddd
advantages and disadvantages of 5 research methodoligies
i did
survey]
case studies
questionnaires
observations
interviews

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
there's a thread about the advantages and disadvantages on social methodolgies somewhere in the society and culture forum

Randomandy

HSC
amagawd, it be lizzykins. Well, from my nickname, you should be able to determine who I am based on either

a) Random, or
b) Andy

Andy is usually short for (egads!) Andrew, which would indicate that I, Randomandy, am the somewhat random, or just plain silly, Andrew in your Cafs class.

On a completely unrelated subject, how'd your Ancient and Cafs half yearly go? You know what really annoyed me about the Ancient test? That paper was on the internet..I could've cheated, but the questions looked so silly that I didn't think they'd ask us those.. and the "preview" paper they put out was actually the one our school used. Rargh..I could've cheated so well..

..I never knew you lived in Penno. Or that you were an Orlando Bloom fan, either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)