Cadetship 2015 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sal808

HSC
Hi,

I'm just wondering if you had to complete a meet-and-greet and if so, what was the structure of the day like?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Hi,

I'm just wondering if you had to complete a meet-and-greet and if so, what was the structure of the day like?
You should definitely go, it's a great way to make an impression and there'll be a panel on the day for you to hear some experiences and ask questions. Otherwise you'll just be walking around with a drink and talking to different people in the firm.

ameee_12

HSC
Hi there! I got invited to the meet and greet, and honestly i'm pretty nervous, but i was just wondering if they are expecting anything from us?

dsishah

HSC
Anyone heard back from EY? did my aptitude test on Wednesday :/

dsishah

HSC
and for bdo if you didn't get invited to the meet and greet does that mean you are pretty much rejected?

HSC
Haven't heard back from EY and I've done my aptitude test a few weeks ago. However, my friend got a rejection letter from EY last week or was it the week before.

milkytea99

HSC
Cadetship are essentially a normal job, but they are targeted at students with no experience.
You can leave at any time, but if you have costs paid by your employer (ie. Textbooks or fees), you'd be expected to repay that.

I left my position after 6 months because I didn't like it. Got a good job elsewhere. They're trying to invest in their buisnesses future, but there is no point dragging out the inevitably if its not form you.

Of the 13 I started with, only 3 remain with that firm. None have graduated yet either. It's obviously disappointing for the firm, but that's just how things are. There are always more people willing to come in and learn.
This made me had second thoughts about being a cadet. I still applied for some firms but I'm not getting my hopes high lol

milkytea99

HSC
Should note some of those who left, might've just left for other firms.
Alright. :D
But anyways, I'll see how I go.
I'm still torn between commerce and comm/law.
If I get a cadetship, then I'll just do commerce. If I don't, then I'll do comm/law lol.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Should note some of those who left, might've just left for other firms.
Ah yeah I provably should have mentioned.

Most went to other firms, a few changed courses (one got into a comm/law double and decided to do that full time), one even joined with others from the firm and they set up their own business.

Only three didn't continue in accounting/at uni and they had really exceptional circumstances that meant they couldn't. If that hadn't happened, they would have continued (and I suspect most of us would still be in the same firm)

Winterseason

HSC
N/A
Are there any Spry Roughley cadets here? I have specific questions about the cadetship.

In general, can cadets go on student exchange for a semester or two and still graduate within 4 years?
Do cadets have to work during the semester breaks/holidays or is it optional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)