Buying some equipment and asking for advice about training (1 Viewer)

red802

HSC
N/A
hiya, just wondering, i've been looking for some equipment but its really hard to find in the western and south sydney, is there any place to buy a 160lb punching bag cause i saw some on the internet, but there like in western aus or overseas. Also i was looking for a ab board like at paul warehouse, but adjustable, got any ideas where to find one?

http://www.paulswarehouse.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=184&cat=326&page=3

Should look something like that but adjustable.

Also i got another problem about training, i've been training for ages, and i've tried soo hard, but yet i see other people over take me even though i put a lot of effort, can supplements make huge gains to over take someone? cause i tried all those N.O supplements and whey, and they seem like no effect.

Also, i get knee pains these days, i trying laying of the leg workout for a while, but i really want to do leg workout on the weights, any idea to solve the pain? like it starts from like running and moving weights around?

ty

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
red802 said:
hiya, just wondering, i've been looking for some equipment but its really hard to find in the western and south sydney, is there any place to buy a 160lb punching bag cause i saw some on the internet, but there like in western aus or overseas. Also i was looking for a ab board like at paul warehouse, but adjustable, got any ideas where to find one?
punching bag...

http://www.rebelsport.com.au/ecom/rebel/product_listing.aspx?cat=164

benches...

http://www.rebelsport.com.au/ecom/rebel/product_category.aspx?cat=125

red802 said:
Also, i get knee pains these days, i trying laying of the leg workout for a while, but i really want to do leg workout on the weights, any idea to solve the pain? like it starts from like running and moving weights around?

ty
u might be straining them to much, try relax them for a while. and it wont hurt you if u saw a doctor.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
red802 said:
I recommend Steroids or HGH

NinjaSauce

HSC
For the knee pain, are you talking about tedonitis? This can be caused by 'overuse' or a jarring pain (which is why it is also sometimes called jumper's knee).

The pain will be on the front of the knee, and should be able to just touch your knee on the tendon to stimulate the pain.

Anyways - Fats. Generally eat more fat (this is not processed food, or fried food.). Generally from animal sources is best.

Large supplementation with fish oil can also have an effect measured in days. By this i am meaning at least an intake of 20 caps a day. Not cheap, but does help.

All in all though, i know very little about your pain, and it may be caused by form issues on your lifts - thus will reoccur. Oh, another random idea that has worked for me, compression badages can hold off the pain, but won't generally solve or protect against it. If you know what i mean.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
NinjaSauce said:
For the knee pain, are you talking about tedonitis? This can be caused by 'overuse' or a jarring pain (which is why it is also sometimes called jumper's knee).

The pain will be on the front of the knee, and should be able to just touch your knee on the tendon to stimulate the pain.

Anyways - Fats. Generally eat more fat (this is not processed food, or fried food.). Generally from animal sources is best.

Large supplementation with fish oil can also have an effect measured in days. By this i am meaning at least an intake of 20 caps a day. Not cheap, but does help.

All in all though, i know very little about your pain, and it may be caused by form issues on your lifts - thus will reoccur. Oh, another random idea that has worked for me, compression badages can hold off the pain, but won't generally solve or protect against it. If you know what i mean.
Do you have a MBBS?

go to the fucken doctor!

NinjaSauce

HSC
In my first line, i asked if it was tendonitis.

If it is tendonitis, my advice is all valid, and is exactly what is recommended.

1. Immediate Rest.
2. Anti-inflammatory medication or supplementation. I did not recommend medication, thus am not over stepping any legal bounds.

Sheesh people, not everything needs a doctor.

Damn bubble-wrap generation will be the death of us.

Nat3skiz

HSC
lol people go to the doctor for scratches these days.

red802

HSC
N/A
lol, ya i'm pretty sure it's not tendonitis since it would probably hurt if i touch it, it's been occuring for a while. Also i've been to a doc, and his like it's nothing but it's been hurting for like 2yrs, but i try not to put too much pressure on it, like when i use those knee things for lifting, it doesn't hurt. hmm, i really miss not working out on legs :(, thanks anyway for the advice :D

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
red802 said:
lol, ya i'm pretty sure it's not tendonitis since it would probably hurt if i touch it, it's been occuring for a while. Also i've been to a doc, and his like it's nothing but it's been hurting for like 2yrs, but i try not to put too much pressure on it, like when i use those knee things for lifting, it doesn't hurt. hmm, i really miss not working out on legs :(, thanks anyway for the advice :D
send us a pic of you, u sound like ur very buffy with the love of weight-lifting you hve.

and no im not gay!

NinjaSauce

HSC
red802 said:
Which 'knee thing' ?

If using this knee thing removes pain - why are you not using it?

quik.

HSC
He might be talking about knee sleeves, but if that stops the pain then he's probably just not warming up properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)