Buying PSP (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
red-butterfly said:
what you'll be after will be at least a v2. ask them about what model PSp they're selling. most likely they'll be selling a combination of both.

but you want ur m-board to be TA-088V2 (max)hack it from there ^ ^

I made my own pandora battery with my phat psp battery. DON'T i repeat DON'T even try to make a pandora battery with your slim battery... it will kill your psp... not speaking from experience...

and since they're going to stop production of the 2000 psps to prevent hacking and stuff... its best to buy soon.

I'm still going to get a PSP 3000 to see how hack proof it really is
wrong dude.

you can easily make the pandora battery out of the slmi psp battery just by hard-modding it. I've done it myself. All it requries is cutting a connection that lets you boot into the 'system recovery mode' (i forget what it's called but something like that) and then filling in the connection with lead (yes, lead works) to make it work like normal again.

G

gmail92

shinji said:
wrong dude.

you can easily make the pandora battery out of the slmi psp battery just by hard-modding it. I've done it myself. All it requries is cutting a connection that lets you boot into the 'system recovery mode' (i forget what it's called but something like that) and then filling in the connection with lead (yes, lead works) to make it work like normal again.
Is physically modding the battery difficult? Sounds hard =/

I think making the pandora battery is not the problem. The problem is that the new slims psps wont boot on a pandora battery. I think :S

*sigh*

my dad said he's gonna get me the psp after the new one comes out. so instead of waiting 2 more weeks until after my yearlies,, i have to wait another month till after the psp300 gets released =.= . might as well have a look at the psp3000 too.

if people can somehow hack the new psp within a little while of release, I might consider it =] haha,, but its quite unlikely, seeing as one of the main reasons of the psp release is to stop people using custom firmware and hacking it.

Last edited by a moderator:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
the new PSPs won't be moddable for a long time, apparently.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
the main problem with physically modding the battery is just getting the battery open. that's all. Other than that, excercise due care and everything will be fine. Try and persuade your dad to get the older ones. say that you can load CFW onto the psp and don't have to buy games anymore.

the slm i bought a couple of weeks ago i modded to get pandora's battery. And then just put a "magic memory stick" into it, load i t up and it'll install the CFW for you.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
so in anticipation to me getting the psp, today i ordered:
sony 8gb memory stick pro duo
hori psp screen protector
sony's psp skype headset

hawt.

G

gmail92

stazi said:
so in anticipation to me getting the psp, today i ordered:
sony 8gb memory stick pro duo
hori psp screen protector
sony's psp skype headset

hawt.
cool. how much were they? =?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
oh btw, should have told u this earlier , but creating the magic memory stick required to install CFW, you require a 2gb pro Duo stick... well anything above 2gb (or was it 4? i can't remember, one of the two) won't work in creating the magic memory stick (or so i have been told.

I need an 8gb stick though. 2gb isn't cutting it for me atm.

G

gmail92

Are you sure? My friend hacks psps and he has a 1gb and a 4 gb (i think, quite sure not 2gb). I think its 4gb

I think im getting a 4gb anyway =]

would it make much of a difference if i get the 4gb normal or the 4gb ultra II? would the load times be faster because of the speed or something?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
woops. should've worded it better.

Maximum size you can have is either the 2gb/4gb sticks. Ie; your memory card can be 128, 256, 512, 1gb, 2gb, (4gb not too sure about) to make the magic memory stick.
the ultraII is faster thanthe normal one. 15mb/s transfer rate.

G

gmail92

shinji said:
woops. should've worded it better.

Maximum size you can have is either the 2gb/4gb sticks. Ie; your memory card can be 128, 256, 512, 1gb, 2gb, (4gb not too sure about) to make the magic memory stick.
the ultraII is faster thanthe normal one. 15mb/s transfer rate.
ahh okay then.

Would the ultraII actually make a practical difference though?

I saw the normal 4gb for $32 and the ultra for $40,, but both with $15 postage.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ive asked others, and they haven't had a problem with larger sticks than 2gb including 8gb.

I ended up ordering a pandora's battery from dealextreme for $15AUD. Apparently they work 100% fine with all the psps out in australia at present.

lgaica

HSC
I am selling my old psp if anyone is interested

its got special firmware 3.40e and allows you to play game isos on the memory stick, comes with 2gb memory stick, hard case, 1 game medi evil ressurection, 2 batteries, wall charger, charger cables and usb cord

ill sell it for 100$ if anyone is interested, just pm me

stazi

Nightman
HSC
If it's in good condition, then I'm up for it. We could meat up at USYD?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
gmail92 said:
ahh okay then.

Would the ultraII actually make a practical difference though?

I saw the normal 4gb for $32 and the ultra for $40,, but both with $15 postage.
yeah it would. Would load your games faster, transfer the games onto the memory stick faster as well.

About the 2gb/8gb memorystick - Lol i'm just regurgitating what i've read on the internet. Accept what I post with skepticism. =p

Where can i getan 8gb stick for cheap?

lgaica

HSC
stazi said:
If it's in good condition, then I'm up for it. We could meat up at USYD?
yeah man, i see you around merewether all the time, i once said haii to you ha

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ohh lol. was that the time i got really confused? you were with some chick i think.

orsum. what days/times are u at jewni?

lgaica

HSC
yeah, i was the lanky dude haha

im usually at uni monday to thursday, just tell me when itsgood for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)