• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Buying Laptop need help. (1 Viewer)

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
Hey all i know theres already a number of threads in this forum relating to laptops but anywhoo im gonna create another one.

Basically im gonna be stuck in Goulburn as ill be in the police academy this yr and hence ill be a needing a laptop to do my assignments and stuff.

The max im willing to spend is $1200. Ill be needing it for typing essays, playing the occasional game like cs 1.6 and watching dvd movies and stuff. Also need some decent storage space possibly 120gigs or higher.

Wat would you guys recommend? Do u reckon me buying a laptop from officeworks, tandy, dicksmith or dell would be worth it? Also i dont want a mac.

Cheers for anyone answering and also if its possible could u guys link me to some websites or something to check out these laptops? (hope that makes sense).

I will pass

HSC
Hey... i recently brought a laptop from Bing Lee... Its an ASUS laptop, it had wireless internet, 100GB & 1024 MB... came with lots of freebies including extra harddrive another 60GB and tv adaptor.... it has vista and inbuilt webcam.
Excellent for writing essays aswell as watching DVDs and online... not sure bout games but should be ok... it has a 15.4" screen and has dvd burner...
I only paid $1000, not sure of the model num but it has PR031Fseries????
But dell is a good brand aswell....

.blank

HSC
N/A
Dell and Acer sell cheap laptops. If you want better specs for your buck, try them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)