Busking (2 Viewers)

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Around $5000 in fines, in addition to a 2 year suspended sentence.

I don't actually busk btw :p

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
fire away said:
how much money'd u make per go roughly?

i know a chcik that got $400 in a day
now just cause u stand on the side of the street to gain business, doesnt mean it is 'busking'.....

Jase

HSC
soha said:
yeah but get this
he went to our skool...was dux of the skool
got like 99.something in the hsc
decided to become a science teacher at our skool
omg..lives with his mum
is a real science nerd
has soo much knowledge that when u ask him a simple question he will talk for hours explaining it
i think hes loaded..but he dresses like a bumb
and last i heard he had a young asian girlfriend
such is life
holy fuck that's me. except i'm not loaded. and i don't teach science. and i wasn't dux..... but i DO live with my mum and dress like a bum!

woo that rhymed! i should totally be a songwriter.. that's why i need busking to get some experience in the music industry.

i'm currently persuading my AMUS-grade friend to learn the didgeridoo, i think with a street band like that, we could rake in 600 dollars a year. what do you think?

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
there's a guitar player in the tunnel at martin place station. he sings popular culture songs and plays his acoustic at the same time. he sings sooo well, so much like what you'd hear on the radio. you can hear him right at the end of the tunnel, it's much better than the central station tunnel. ironically, there's a sign on the tunnel wall saying 'no busking allowed on premises' lol! he's a real busker. not the fudge i used to be with the lute :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
when i was about 10 id go to the busstop every afternoon with my dinky little electric keyboard and repeatedly play and sing "auld lang syne" coz it was the only song i could play well at the time... i made some good cash but most of it i suspect was sympathy money, coz i sucked. lol

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Jase said:
holy fuck that's me. except i'm not loaded. and i don't teach science. and i wasn't dux..... but i DO live with my mum and dress like a bum!

woo that rhymed! i should totally be a songwriter.. that's why i need busking to get some experience in the music industry.

i'm currently persuading my AMUS-grade friend to learn the didgeridoo, i think with a street band like that, we could rake in 600 dollars a year. what do you think?

You should get that digeridoo and stick it up your ass , it will give you a good tune for sure

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Can someone tell me where I can find out some more info on busking licenses and stuff. Im moving to Sydney in 2 weeks with 2 mates and we are all musical. Sounds like a good way to have fun/make some cash

Jase

HSC
Well this page has all the info on busking mostly around the central business district (CBD).

City of Sydney: Busking

but for other shires, you need to call up the shire and apply for one with some coordinator.

psyfre

Supercalifragilisticexp..
HSC
hfis said:
I busk, every thursday.

I go to the main street in town during peak hour, when everyone is rushing about in their business suits and uniforms. I set up my 16000W sound system and hook it up to two turntables and a mixer.

Then I scream into my microphone "MAKE SOME FUCKING NOISE BITCHES" and start pumping phat beats. While I'm not actually mixing though I graffiti and kick in the glass windows of local businesses just so everyone knows I'm 'street' and haven't 'sold out' as it were.

It's quite the adventure, you should try it sometime.
HAHA! i was lafn for atleast 5min after i read that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)