business? (1 Viewer)

asn_princess

currently im thinking about doing business at uts? but does anyone know any other university that offfers it? cause all i've found out is that the only courses the other universities offer are either commerce or economics.....and to be honest these three courses are 3 different courses to me..... not a big difference but some difference? or otherwise are there any other similar courses other than commerce and eco?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
wats so different about B.Business @ UTS and B.Commerce anywhere else?
its basically the name that is different...they offer most of the same majors as commerce (Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing etc) and at UTS I guess the degree is more practical, with direct links to business partners

francisblue

Biz @ UTS is ways better

My reason for saying this is that basically at UTS it is more practical than other unis. I'm a first year biz student at UTS from the class of 2002. My uni friend, who's doing the same course as me once told me that she reckons the course at UTS is better than UNSW (she also did first year at UNSW) because it's more practical, taught and lectured by those in the industry or up to date rather than being lectured by old professors who've lost touch with the business world and still teaching the stuffs they've taught 20 years ago. Also UTS got better business connection/link so there are more opportunities for UTS graduate. But beware that Biz is a very challenging course (abeit boring for Accounting) so be prepared.

CHeers

asn_princess

but how boring do u mean? cos currently im not even doing anything to do with businesss...and when i talked to people doing business studies at school, they all told me it was really boring....and my friend who's doing HSC accounting told me accounting is even worse....the closest i've come to business was when i did commerce in year 10...i think im intrested in business at the time being cos i cant stand chemistry and biology

and yes...about the practical learning at UTS...thats why i was planning to tryout for that uni

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I guess u have to like what your learning
Accounting in first year is boring, but it gets much better in later years (if u decide to major in it) because u learn about interesting stuff, rather than mundane mechanics...

I had a look at the structure of the UTS business degree, and its a bit less flexible than a commerce degree at UNSW or USyd for example. But that isnt necessarily a bad thing, because in the UTS degree, they make u do everything in 1st yr (Accounting, Business Information Analysis, Economics, Marketing, Business Law, and Management)
I guess the major difference is between Business and a Commerce degree is that the commerce degree is more quantitative in first year than the business degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)