Business Week ?? (1 Viewer)

Miagi

HSC
do u guys have business week at ur school, its like a get a hotel and u have 2 pretend about workin or sum shit like that , just to be curious

James747

HSC
Miagi said:
u have 2 pretend about workin or sum shit like that ...
Pretend? lol.....
sounds abit like work experince to me.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Nope, but if you did commerce at my school, you get to set up a stall and sell stuff during international day (a day with performances etc).

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
sounds awesome.

i'd rather do that than normal school. god. it's killing me that we have to 'keep working' -__-

Le3sah

HSC
We don’t have work experience or business week at our school in year 10 (unfortunately), however we do have Job interview day which happened yesterday. This basically involved us dressing up and going for pretend interviews at the school library. It was pretty freaky considering the interviewers were actually from the company (I think)…?

Horrible day I must admit. -_-

Suit + long pants + heels + 38 degrees = MAJOR SWEAT PATCHES!! ew.

Dark Phoenix

HSC
we dont exactly have business week, but for the yr 10s commerce class they were able to participate in ASX trading (with fake money of course). i think it is called 'money stuff'. it was pretty fun. u could buy and sell shares over the net and the cost of the share fluctuates in real time, that is it follows the real costs of the shares today. and the winner (who ever got the biggest profit out of the fake money) gets some sort of small cash prize. i think it lasted a month or so. and everyone who participated was able to get an official 'money stuff' watch. it was a stupid watch though. lol

the leader

HSC
sounds awesome.

i'd rather do that than normal school. god. it's killing me that we have to 'keep working' -__-
God no. Business Week is the biggest waste of time ever. Would've rathered gone to class. Don't see why we couldn'tve done work experience instead.

You get in groups (we didn't get to choose), name your 'hotel' and make descisions each 'quarter' (for 8 quarters) as to how you run the hotel(s), teacher sticks them in the computer simulation, and you get back your results sheet and how everyone else is going. The aim is to get your share price up. On the last day your group has to set up a trade display and markers come and ask you questions; and the CEO and Finance guy (me) from each group has to give a presentation to 'the board'.

All it did was put me off business altogether

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I liked Business Week at my school. We didn't use "hotels", we were a company who made sports goods. Included in the things we had to do (like the simulus and everything) was design a new product, make a prototype of it and develop a TV-spot promo advertising it. And on Friday, we'd gather in the hall and watch everyone's ads. It was really fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)