BUSINESS STUDIES (1 Viewer)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
I see. I was aiming for 100 on this paper but that stupid exchange rate question and 21. a) messed me up. Hoping for a 98 raw at least since I know my extended responses were top tier, which is fine hopefully.
which exchange rate question? the mc? that was easy
let me know what you get on dec 14

Zara_m21

HSC
I see. I was aiming for 100 on this paper but that stupid exchange rate question and 21. a) messed me up. Hoping for a 98 raw at least since I know my extended responses were top tier, which is fine hopefully.
How are u guys pulling out these marks out of your ass just like that im strugggggggling to get 90

HSC
N/A
which exchange rate question? the mc? that was easy
let me know what you get on dec 14
I'll let you know for sure, the exchange rate tripped me up since I was unfamiliar with the exchange rate fluctuations effect on imports/exports, so I spent about 10 minutes trying to determine the effect of it. For some reason I assumed that it was from the USD perspective so imports worth say $30 would increase from $15 to $21, leading to my mistake. Do you think you messed up any MC?

HSC
N/A
How are u guys pulling out these marks out of your ass just like that im strugggggggling to get 90
Idk, I'm kinda naturally good at business to be honest. I guess it runs in the family, since my brother state ranked and my mother wrote the hsc a while ago haha. Its like how some people are naturally good at math or english.

scaryshark09

HSC
I'll let you know for sure, the exchange rate tripped me up since I was unfamiliar with the exchange rate fluctuations effect on imports/exports, so I spent about 10 minutes trying to determine the effect of it. For some reason I assumed that it was from the USD perspective so imports worth say $30 would increase from $15 to $21, leading to my mistake. Do you think you messed up any MC?
damn thats annoying
Do you think you messed up any MC?
nah i got 20/20 which is good, but ik i messed up the report which is annoying

scaryshark09

HSC
Idk, I'm kinda naturally good at business to be honest. I guess it runs in the family, since my brother state ranked and my mother wrote the hsc a while ago haha. Its like how some people are naturally good at math or english.
lol ive never heard of someone whos naturally good at business, that's def a first

HSC
N/A
damn thats annoying

nah i got 20/20 which is good, but ik i messed up the report which is annoying
Ah unfortunate. You should still do fine though since report isnt marked too badly I think.
As for the business natural, I guess its just kinda my thing. Like even doing Commerce in Yr 9 I just enjoyed it so I guess it continued into senior years.

HSC
N/A
love the slight flex aahaha
Funnily enough that was why I was aiming for 100 on this paper, my brother got 99 and I really really wanted to beat him here since I quite literally cannot beat him in any other subject or ATAR.

HSC
N/A
i swear that impossible dream big i guess
Yeah this was my one chance to actually one up him which sucks, but tbh I'll settle for a SR even if it's not super high. I knew 100 was doable but even so I still have to get kinda lucky w/ extended responses & SA to pull a 98 raw, particularly since SA is only marked once.

scaryshark09

HSC
Yeah this was my one chance to actually one up him which sucks, but tbh I'll settle for a SR even if it's not super high. I knew 100 was doable but even so I still have to get kinda lucky w/ extended responses & SA to pull a 98 raw, particularly since SA is only marked once.
honestly, dont expect a state rank, all it takes is for one marker to give you an 18 and you're done for. just expect like 96, and if you get a state rank, thats a bonus

HSC
N/A
honestly, dont expect a state rank, all it takes is for one marker to give you an 18 and you're done for. just expect like 96, and if you get a state rank, thats a bonus
Yeah thats true. I'm really confident in my extended responses however, but at the end of the day you're right about the single marker. A 96 should scale up to a state rank anyways honestly.

Helllo34567

HSC
Yeah thats true. I'm really confident in my extended responses however, but at the end of the day you're right about the single marker. A 96 should scale up to a state rank anyways honestly.
Did you use any extra writing space for the short answers? I had to use extra space for almost all questions because I felt I wasn’t getting the full marks

Tutorzaza

HSC
oh whoops i definitely failed the bus report cause it said retaining staff, but i read it as retraining, and then i crossed my entire 2 pages out and i ended up writing barely anything, and what i did write was in the area that said 'do not write here'
i did fine in everything else i think
Bruhhhhhh, that's like worth 6 marks alone

HSC
N/A
Did you use any extra writing space for the short answers? I had to use extra space for almost all questions because I felt I wasn’t getting the full marks
Edit: Oh I didn't see you said short answers. I re-wrote 2 questions in extra writing space since I felt I didn't answer them well enough(Q21 a) and the Niche market question). I wasn't too concerned about the others since SA isn't marked too hardly I think.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
oh whoops i definitely failed the bus report cause it said retaining staff, but i read it as retraining, and then i crossed my entire 2 pages out and i ended up writing barely anything, and what i did write was in the area that said 'do not write here'
i did fine in everything else i think
To be honest I hardly spoke about retention/recruiting. All I said was comparing global skills/supply/cost to domestic and how the business may be impacted since thats what I thought it was asking. Did you talk about specific recruitment/retention strategies in that case?

abelsj01

HSC
wait what stage of the product life cycle was the cereal in? i put decline since it was losing sales

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)