Business Studies... (1 Viewer)

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
Hey guys,

Just some questions about Business. How long approx. do you think it would take to write out the syllabus dot points in detail for Managing Change and the Finance stuff? I would like to get them all done before our half yearlies.

And another question, I managed to stuff up my first assessment task, which was 25%, getting 16/20 (80%) while there was like 8 people who got 20/20. We have a really strong business cohort so I probably have no chance of coming Top 5, hopefully if I work hard Top 10 (There are ~60 students). So do you think I could still get a band 6 for business even though I stuffed up? Or over 85? (School Rank... around 180-200, but strong cohort this year)

Well thanks in advance,
Mak

Last edited:

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Hmm, I think that management and change is a medium-length one for business, medium-low (closer to medium) overall. Finance would be medium or so as well. Also, wouldn't recommend heaps of detail. Business is not a detail subject. Just get down exactly what the syllabus says. No bonus points for looking intelligent regrettably! I don't know what you mean by detail but you should be able to do say a quarter/third of the topic in 80 minutes off sheets etc, with a friend talking to you and not paying attention to the teacher while you're doing notes in class as I did sometimes lol. That's based on the marketing topic being easier, and getting 1/2 of it done in 80m that way so... I'm probably underestimating grossly. Put a week's worth of work into them and you can get them both done. That said, msn chews up time lol.

and yeah, everyone has screw ups. most people have their (minimum) 2 units of shame, most people screw up at least 1 assessment per subject. As well as that, overall business studies students are idiots. if you get mid-high 80s you should get a decent mark overall, and if you get high band 5 it should be rewarding anyway. Band 6 means your atar goes crazy though lol.

And yes, I am willing to say that may be out of whack for some :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)