Business Studies vs Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

lilkrnguy1

HSC
hi i want to drop one of these.. which one id better please give ur opinion especially if ur doing these subjects.. thanks

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Don't drop either, they are both good :)
they were both my favourite subjects
what else do you do?

yeah, as has been said, it is a personal choice
talk to your school, talk to your teachers. Drop the one which you enjoy the least :)
good luck

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
well im biased, since i only did Business studies out of the two, but i still want to say that i loved it and it was my favourite subject i did.

lilkrnguy1

HSC
thanks for the replies guys .. i dont mind both of them but i am struggliing more with business because of the amount of memorising, where as legal has less to memorise and the concepts are easier ... what are ur views ?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
lilkrnguy1 said:
thanks for the replies guys .. i dont mind both of them but i am struggliing more with business because of the amount of memorising, where as legal has less to memorise and the concepts are easier ... what are ur views ?
for business yes i memorize a LOT. it's probably not the best method i admit as it gets pretty frustrating. but hey in the end it helps i guess. but you have to rememeber that business studies exams are barely gonna be just theory. they might once in a while ask you a "what is this" but they focus more on how you think in certain situations. for example they might give you a box with a scenario in it and then ask something like what methods can you undertake to improve the productivity of the employees

edit: oh i thought you just started yr11 ! stupid me ><" ..

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
NEVER MEMORISE IN BUSINESS STUDIES!!!!.

that is the worst thing to do when it comes to humanity subjects. instead; u should just STUDY to UNDERSTAND.

you'll find it a lot more fun if you don't memorise.!!

i find business studies fun; and is my best subject! =D

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
NEVER MEMORISE IN BUSINESS STUDIES!!!!.

that is the worst thing to do when it comes to humanity subjects. instead; u should just STUDY to UNDERSTAND.

you'll find it a lot more fun if you don't memorise.!!

i find business studies fun; and is my best subject! =D
haha what about teh histories? business is my best subject in forms of mark but at the moment not really enjoying the topic were doing. can`t wait till marketing !! have you started global yet? i loved that topic ..

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol. i said humanity subjects... is history a humanity subject? o_O''

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
lol. i said humanity subjects... is history a humanity subject? o_O''
lol i was putting it under HSIE thats why haha =p but yeah i think it is !

Last edited:
HSC
yeah i agree with shiji i also do economics i find eco quite hard ...

business is sorta fun .. with my teacher? * nudges mandyyy *

tc

xoxo

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
oh my god when i read this thread i get pangs of longing for high school, well actually just business studies. i miss it heaps, which is really sad huh?

i loved Finance the best. didnt much like employment relations

Lainee

HSC
I loved Legal Studies, but I guess I'm not that qualified to answer this question because I did Economics, not Business Studies.

Legal has equal parts researching, summarising, memorising, opinionating and essaying. I really did love it!

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
I choose Business Studies because that's a good subject. BS will scale down a bit but if you do well (which is easy to do), then no worry.

Then again, that's your decision to choose which subject to drop. I am only giving you my 2cents worth advice.:)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
CHOOSE LEGAL HANDS DOWN! i loved it, so much more interesting and less maths involved. business is too much content, it gets so boring at times. legal is fun!

HSC
Business studies is ahorrible, horrible subject. But it isnt too difficult to do well in if you put in the effort

laptopman_01

HSC
In my opinion Legal is the one to keep as the HSC course for legal is soooooo much easier than the one for business and also you get to choose the focus topics that you want for legal whereas for business you have 5 compulsory topics with no choice

"Chubby"

HSC
i do both subjects, and in my opinon, legal studies is better, the stuff is easier to understand and most of the terms you would probably have heard already on like the news etc......im struggling really hard at business studies now and i am regretting not dropping it( i dropped another subject).

whitey7

HSC
Look mate i do both and i know what you mean but man it depends on the type of person you are if ur business inclined or legally inclined and is either a prerquisite for what you wanna do at uni? We can only give advice its down to what you wanna do now and in the future, is one needed more than another?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)