Business studies or general maths? (1 Viewer)

chugsta

HSC
hey everyone ive just finished y11 and im starting year 12 hsc course and i was just wondering which course would be better for my uai out of business studies and general maths. so far for business studies im been getting mostly 80's while general maths i went down to this year because i hated the 2u maths course i was doing in y11. my other subs are ext 2 eng, ext 1 eng, adv eng, economics, modern history and legal studies. Can anyone offer any opinions/advice please?

HSC
speaking from experience

year 11
maths = crap marks + average ranks
business= excellent marks + ranks

year 12
maths= good marks + ranks [if you work for it] -i dropped at beginning of the year
business= crap+crap+crap+crap...

for maths its pretty simple you just learn formulas and keep revising, where as business you need to learn alot of stuff

and when i was doing general alot of the 2 unit students dropped down to general and they were all ranked in the top 15

but if you are still not sure, drop the subject after you get your half-yearly reports

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
business for shiz..

general maths will screw u

chugsta

HSC
yeh thats a good point but im just unsure of how both the subs will go when it comes to my uai. i know neither one of them is really good but would anyone know which onewould be better thou?

klaw

HSC
From the subjects you've chosen, it appears to me that you're more of an arts/humanities sort of person and you'd be able to do well in business studies. However, if you feel more confident with your maths then go with maths.

egarrz

HSC
I do very similar subjects to you (4u english, ecos, modern) and do both gen maths and business. So far i would recommend general maths cause its pretty much a steal. Surprisingly, it doesn't get scaled down *too* much. It depends if you think you should be capable of getting >95 in general, otherwise maybe do business.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
well im like you in a way that i prefer humanities subjects to maths (evil.)
and in my opinion, if you're not going to do at least 2u maths, you might as well not do maths at all.
coz for any uni course, general maths isnt considered as "proper" maths.
business is a pretty straightforward course.
all you need to do is learn the syllabus.

egarrz

HSC
Well, mathematics is unlikely to be required, only recommended. I suggest you look into the scaling issues, cause even after my mark gets pushed down, I am still expecting a band 6. This doesn't compare to what I would get otherwise in Mathematics. That said, if you push yourself in business u could probably beat that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)