business studies case study question... (1 Viewer)

Abanious

HSC
N/A
hey guys, just wanted to ask a question regarding to case studies..

do you introduce your case studies in you extended response or do you just incorporate it and talk bout them in you body paragraphs..

thing is our teacher never taught us how to write a report or extended responses....

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ideally, you would put them in the introduction. e.g.

Social Media Marketing is X. It is important because Y. The implementation of of a social media marketing campaign can be seen in the business activities of Coca-Cola and their recent Share A Coke project.

It's hard to give a good example, because I don't have a decent question on me, but hopefully you get the idea.

har

HSC
Report:

Date
Executive Summary
- Brief history of business (info they give you in Q example: Invest Corps is an Australian Bank that has experienced disputes lately....)
- This report is intended to outline various the various strategies Invest Corps should incorporate in order to fix their issues regarding:
> Fixing levels of disputes
> Fixing levels of absenteeism
> Include w/e quesiton is asking in these dot pts

Body (Use headings such as:)
Fixing the levels of disputes
Lowering the levels of disputes is essential because.....
List the strategies in dot points or w/e

Fixing levels of absenteeism

Conclusion
If these strategies are followed correctly the business will fix their issues of..........
XYZ consulting wishes you well in your future endeavors, if you have any future enquires please feel free to contact us
Yours sincerely
NAME (Make one up, not your one)
SIGNITURE

Just remember for a report, use dotpoints and headings. Case study questions, make essay format

Abanious

HSC
N/A
ah kk, thanks guys!

also, with case studies.. can you just use 2 businesses or so and make stuff up? i'm pretty good at essay writing and can easily link things to the question/ syllabus point

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
ah kk, thanks guys!

also, with case studies.. can you just use 2 businesses or so and make stuff up? i'm pretty good at essay writing and can easily link things to the question/ syllabus point
You can, but it never looks as good, and you won't do as well if you make stuff up.

har

HSC
ah kk, thanks guys!

Yeah it's alright to make stuff up. My teacher encourages it and I've just chosen a business I visit a lot and thought about what strategies they would use etc. It's easier too I reckon.

But some people think otherwise, so it's up to you. 2 case studies is fine

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah it's alright to make stuff up. My teacher encourages it and I've just chosen a business I visit a lot and thought about what strategies they would use etc. It's easier too I reckon.

But some people think otherwise, so it's up to you. 2 case studies is fine
That's a bit different to making up a case study entirely. While I don't entirely think it's a great idea, it's better than making up something completely off the top of your head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)