business/marketing course (1 Viewer)

emz

hey ppl,
i was hoping to do a business/marketing course either at UNSW, or Macquarie uni..
any1 doing that course, or know anything about it?
and also, would this course be boring? because i wasn't really after somtehing like accounting or anything, something a little more practical, and interactive
any help?:confused:

emz

sorry this is in the employent section, it was meant to be posted on the main frame, but it didnt work :confused:

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
i reckon marketing is fun. But den i wanna do actuarials, so anything is fun compared to dat

the head lecturer at unsw for marketing...wats his name... remind me of jim carey. English fellow. Funny. Interesting. I doubt u'll get oo bored wiv his lectures.

stressed02

My brother does Business at UTS and is majoring in Marketing and Sports Management and he loves it so u could consider doing that course perhaps??

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
actuarial studies is to do wiv the fields of finance and maths. As an actuary u do a load of crazy maths and work out different probabbilities for things to occur. Mainly work in insurance, superannuation premiums, financial consultant etc.

actuaries are at the top of the financial world, earning the big bux. But very very hard and stressful. Drop out rate is like 80%

emz

well my brother is an actuary, and i know sum1 else doing that course...they seem like they enjoys it, but i could never never imagine me doing sumthing like that
he did it at macquaire uni cos at the time it was the only uni to offer it
its a helllll of a boring course.. well thats my opinion.. but if ur into that stuff like wot Malachite said, then u'll prob like it..
yeh and its biggggg bux!
u also neeeeed to be realllllly realllly good in maths, and to get into the course u need to get in the high high 90's!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)