Business machines - Difference b/w brands (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
Hello IT experts,

I currently work in Techworks at an Officeworks superstore. I always do my best to assist customers in selecting the most appropriate business machine (such as printers) that is most suitable for them. However, i always stumble across a common question:

"What brand do you think is the best"

I would like to ask if there is a website/source where i can find out the strengths and weakness of certain brands in particular products. Because i have not tried all brands in a particular product range, i usually do not feel comfortable in commenting which brand is better than another.

Are there any suggestions as to how i can improve my knowledge of brand differences in certain product range.

Thanks in advance.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
There is no 'best' brand (in terms of entire systesm). It doesn't take much of a brain to put a computer together, given adequate training.

People pay for brands for their after sales service - that is all. If you want something that just works, then you should be looking at the specifications in detail (in fact, that's probably what you should get a grip on when recommending computers to costumers).

As for other perhiperals (such as printers), I think you should have a poke around on google and see what you can find. There is a forum known as whirlpool (though I would not say it is the best of sources) @ www.whirlpool.net.au that has some chatter about different technologies. I'd take it with a grain of salt though.

It's just a matter of doing a lot of your own research and seeing what others think about certain products.

Best of luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)